Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been up to the pigeon river area lately? Going up this weekend to visit the family. Sadly the last time I was up was the trout opener. I have been too busy with family, work, and keeping the woman happy. So any reports will be appreciated. PM's are welcome. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am headed up that way this coming week also. Family has a place on the Pigeon River spreads. The farthest I have ventured up stream is just to Ostrander Rd. How does the fishing get as you work your way up? Last time we were up (Memorial Day) i caught a decent bag of both Browns and Brookies. Thanks for the info guys.

Nelson

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll report on my own. Caught four 7-8 inch brookies on the pigeon saturday morning. Saw one 12 incher swim dart by and saw a bunch of little 5 inchers. I was pretty far upstream too. The water is warmer than usual and no trout were rising.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the report troutfisher. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon to head up. I am bringing my boat so we will be mainly fishing smallmouth out in Mullet Lake but I hope to make it out for trout at least once.

Nelson

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fish upstream if you do. With the warm weather the trout are probably near the head waters. Also if you get up early enough you can stop by the Elk viewing areas and see some Elk. Saw 14 the morning I went. One was 10 yards away from me.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Fish upstream if you do. With the warm weather the trout are probably near the head waters. Also if you get up early enough you can stop by the Elk viewing areas and see some Elk. Saw 14 the morning I went. One was 10 yards away from me.
tf25 is right on. Anything below M68, at this point, is chub fishing. You have to head upstream . . . quite a ways. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts