Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the idea for this thread from another forum someone had posted something about. Stories and pictures of deer have slowly been showing up since opening day, but are all scattered throughout the forum. I'm sure everyone else loves reading these stories and seeing the pictures just as much as i do, so i think it would be cool if everyone would post their stuff in this thread, for easy access. So if you've got pictures and a story post them here for everyone to see.
Joel

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Ok, here's one to break the ice. On Nov. 11 I shot this 8 point with my bow. I had a 10:30 meeting that morning so decided to hunt in the morning. After dropping off my kids for the bus I didn't get to my stand until 8:11. With only 90 minutes to hunt and the rut in full swing I decided to get aggressive. Shortly after settling in I tipped the doe call a few times. Just before 9 I did a rattling sequence. Within minutes I heard what sounded like a deer moving my way, and quickly. It came from almost behind me, not presenting a shot. Then it changed course and when it passed behind a tree I drew. As if on cue it stopped, quartering away, in a shooting lane only 14 yards out. The Muzzy did the rest, taking out both lungs. It hopped, then walked around 30 yards and I could see blood gushing out. It stopped and I could hear air going in/out of the entry/exit wounds. It walked 15 more years then slowly slumped to the gound. I glanced at my watch - 9:11, exactly one hour from when I got into my treestand. It has a 15.75" spread and is my biggest ever, gun or bow. Still excited, John-Ypsi
[/IMG]

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Nice buck, great story and better photo.

I just don't know how that buck walked for 15 years after being shot :lol: I got what you meant.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Well i have been spending as much time as posible since opening day of achery and it paid off this morning. I got of work last night a 2:30 am came home washed all my clothes in baking soda like tree dweller had told me. Got up a little late and headed out. Got to my spot after daylight and kicked a big doe up on the way out due to the 4 inches of dry leaves. Get my tree and hooked up climber. I got about 8 feet in the air and reliezed my lower half of my stand was to loose so i hung over the top half and reajusted. I made about 2 more feet up and out of the corner of my eye i see a deer coming into the woods out of the cut corn field. I couldnt make out what it was due to the thicket he was behind. I thought i was busted for sure im only ten feet in the air the deer is 25 yards up wond and my bow is still on the ground and its coming fast. I started lift my bow as quick as possible without hitting the sapplings next to my tree. As i pulling the bow the deer is on a trail coming right to me its a buck with a decent body. Get my bow up take the rope off and now hes 15 yards and still on a b line to my tree. I huury up and get arrow nocked and myy release out of my pocket. The buck is now behind my tree at about 3-5 yards. I draw back with the heart pumpin and for some reason i layed my finger on my arrow and pop the nock come off the string. The buck jumps and goes to take off i renock and draw hes getting away. I make the dumbest sound grunt with my mouth possible i think but he stops. I find him in the peep hes at a stand still looking aroud with his but right in my face at 25 yards. Suddenly he turn ever so slightly. Now i got a quartered shot i picked a hair and let it fly i watched the arrow blow right threw him. I thought it was to low. he went about 25 more yards at full speed the he stopped looked around and boom he falls like a ton of bricks. Man it was the greatest feeling ever. decent 9 point my personal biggest and my first bow harvest. I so stoaked. he not huge or anything but hes my trophy.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
shot this doe on nov 12 at 9 yards..... shot her going to my food plots between two swamps in an awesome funnel, she went 40 yards and collapsed...... got it all on film.......

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
alphamale; lmao, someone has to hold the camera!!!! thats pretty much our goal from deer hunting to turkeys and coyotes...... get it all on film

·
Registered
844 Posts
hey phensway he kinda looks like your brother.. are you related????? you two are awefully close in the pic.. must be really really good friends....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Isaac

1 - 13 of 13 Posts