Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy had the hot hand Sunday. On his first cast, he got this little one:

After he landed her, 2 casts later from the same hole, he gets this nice sized fish:

About 20 minutes later from the same spot but in front of the hole, he hits this big buck and hands the rod to me. Paybacks are nice! I get a great fight and land the brightly colored male.

His colors are so nice, here is another pic:

We got these 3 right off the bat around 10:30AM and than fished another 5 hours covering a lot more water and never got another bump.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I passed him my rod to land a fish on our last trip together. It makes a winter trip nicer to share the catch when you are lucky to hit a couple fish.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
EdB

The river must have been low. Looks like you walk across to an Inland.;) From that spot were you drifting the ladder side or the park side? Nice fish, Man I love those colors this time of year. Was this your first time out since your trip on Feb. 1st?

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve, this was our first time back since the first, the river was low, check your PM's

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Nice report ED, good to see someone is getting out. I have been spending my fishing time lookin down a stupid 8 inch hole. Been catchin plenty of fish, just not scratchin the itch.

How has the ramp been at shamrock. We have an outing there in a couple weeks. Should be perfect timing!.

Have you thought any more about the challenge and the tune -up tourneys. Let me know.:)

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've been fishing on our feet lately. Need to move around to keep from freezing. The launch is usable but icy as usual this time of year. I am going to try to make the tournies, at least the chap. challenge.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Now that is an awesome post!! I've been staring down that same 8" hole and from my success, (or lack thereof..) I think it's time to start tying some bags!:rolleyes: :D

Great job...Sid

·
Premium Member
10,562 Posts
Nice pics Ed! Looks like bags were the ticket. Salmon or Steelie?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I love it. Those fish are gorgeous. I think I'll head for the river myself.:)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Awesome, way to go!!! Nothing better on a winter day than a good headshaker.

Thanks for sharing the pics,

Mitch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts