Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good pheasant Hunting closer than South Dakota? Iowa? Nebraska? Perhaps? Hoping to DIY hunt with the dog and didn't want to travel that far if there was something a little closer...

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Check out South central Iowa, Wayne County. Its a few years but we went there and found birds and had plenty of success getting access. A few years ago they had some bad hatches due to bad weather in the spring and a lot of land has been tied up in leases but you should be able to find some land to hunt and if spring is good there should be some birds. get a hold of an Iowa hunting digest. They should have list of county COs, I don't know if the guy I dealt with is still working but he gave us tips on where to go and even recommended a few motels. For us 8 out of 10 land owners we talked to gave us permission. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out South central Iowa, Wayne County. Its a few years but we went there and found birds and had plenty of success getting access. A few years ago they had some bad hatches due to bad weather in the spring and a lot of land has been tied up in leases but you should be able to find some land to hunt and if spring is good there should be some birds. get a hold of an Iowa hunting digest. They should have list of county COs, I don't know if the guy I dealt with is still working but he gave us tips on where to go and even recommended a few motels. For us 8 out of 10 land owners we talked to gave us permission. Good luck.
Thank u so much! We will look into that area. If u have any other tips for that area, please let me know!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts