Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I am going to fish a pier in Petoskey tonight.... I have never been there before and I see that there are 3 piers that people fish off of.

North Breakwater, Bear River and East Side Pier.

Which is the one most fishermen use? Or does it depend on the wind?

·
Registered
173 Posts
the long one with the light house deal at the end. only go about 1/3 of the way out. you might take a gander in the river itself below the lamprey weir. if noone is fishing it though, no fish are there. baits i would use are skein, skein and skein. good luk, pretty early.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Fish are in below the falls . Not many but some Kings and steelhead.
That's really slowed to a crawl now that the water has dropped so much.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I wouldn't of thought there would be any fish in decent numbers there yet. Are there really fish being caught there? :confused:

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I wouldn't of thought there would be any fish in decent numbers there yet. Are there really fish being caught there
No.

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
I was up there last week. Water was higher. I saw fish jumping and talked with a guy who caught one the night before. The fish must have moved back out. That just means you can get them off the pier or dock. The numbers will not be there for a while. Next rain should bring more in. Did it rain up there last night? I know we got pounded down here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts