Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
If they spread human hair, would that just get deer used to a smell with no threat, theoretically making deer easier to hunt? I really have no idea.. Any thoughts?

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,440 Posts
I found this PETA argument interesting:

hunting has caused the bighorn sheep’s horn size to fall by 25 percent in the last 40 years. Nature magazine reports that “the effect on the populations’ genetics is probably deeper.”

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
They would get lost trying to find my hunting spots. Plus they have no idea that it is being hunted, no blind, bait, and no scent wicks. I have a few spots so if they invade one I just move to the other. Human hair will not keep deer away from an area.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
They would get lost trying to find my hunting spots. Plus they have no idea that it is being hunted, no blind, bait, and no scent wicks. I have a few spots so if they invade one I just move to the other. Human hair will not keep deer away from an area.
They used to put it on young fruit trees to keep them away but had to be refreshed quit often. It did work.

Don't tell them that they use ******* now. Email me for the answer as they probably, no I am sure they HAVE, infiltrated this and all out door web sites.

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
They used to put it on young fruit trees to keep them away but had to be refreshed quit often. It did work.

Don't tell them that they use ******* now. Email me for the answer as they probably, no I am sure they HAVE, infiltrated this and all out door web sites.

I sure hope they don't read how if you wash the human hair in this new shampoo called Tinks69 that the deer will leave the county.....:lol:

BTW, if anyone from PETA is reading this and wants to try it, I will provide the GPS coordinates to my hunting spot next October 31st....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feel this article was written using false data nowhere do they site their sources and i find it extremely hard to believe that only 5 percent of the country hunts or that 50% of animals shot with a crossbow are only maimed or wounded and not killed. Oh and my favorite was that hunting does nothing to control populations and nature will control them naturally. Yes it will through starvation and disease both causing much more hardship on an animal than one that was shot and dead within a few minutes

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
When Peta or any of the other humaiac groups makes some off the wall statement to get it in the media it is for one thing. It is to reel in some more suckers to get them to send the $$$$ for their war chest to spread more lies.

With what some of groups do they should be charged as terrorists. A lot of you are to young to have read Ann Landers advice column. I have a copy of her news paper column around some place when she turned from being an animal rights person to calling them what she thought they were. TERRORISTS.

·
Tornado Jim
19,975 Posts
I feel this article was written using false data nowhere do they site their sources and i find it extremely hard to believe that only 5 percent of the country hunts or that 50% of animals shot with a crossbow are only maimed or wounded and not killed. Oh and my favorite was that hunting does nothing to control populations and nature will control them naturally. Yes it will through starvation and disease both causing much more hardship on an animal than one that was shot and dead within a few minutes
I don't know where they got their crossbow stat but they overestimated the number of hunters if they said it was 5%.

According to the US Fish and Wildlife 2011 report, there were about 13.7 million hunters in the US in 2011, which would put them at about 4.3% of the total population.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
If they spread human hair, would that just get deer used to a smell with no threat, theoretically making deer easier to hunt? I really have no idea.. Any thoughts?

i hope they spend a lot of money collecting hair.. i tried it in wifes flower beds and it didn't work.if it was green they ate it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts