Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
565 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that PETA felt that owning pets (cats/dogs/horses/etc) was a violation of the animal's rights? If so, why does the creator of PETA, Ingrid Newkirk, seem to own a cat? I get the impression from the picture of her petting a cat in a building would insinuate that the cat were a "pet".

If PETA is not violent, at the very least they are hypocrites.

------------------
DuckMan

· Registered
473 Posts
Here's a quote for the article:
PETA has angered stray-cat caretakers by trapping strays, hauling them to PETA headquarters and euthanizing them. PETA argues that euthanasia is kinder than leaving cats on the street, where they are subject to injury, disease and freezing cold.

``It's either a quick, painless death or a slow, uncomfortable death,'' says Newkirk, who worked as an animal control officer in Washington before founding PETA. ``The difference, I think, between us and many of the `no-kill' people is that we don't pretend to have a magic wand.''
Maybe she should think about the fact that outlawing hunting would subject MILLIONS of animals to increased disease and starvation. Not to mention the certain population explosion in the short term that would certainly increase injury through accident with automobiles. Then comes starvation along with the animals that would be exposed to a slow freezing death because of inadequate fat reserves.

Add to hunting the benefits of providing jobs and income for millions of retailers manufacturers and distributors. Add to that the benefit of the drive to protect habitat. (Not only through P-R funds and other hunting groups, but those who directly pruchase private land and maintain it for wildlife.)

Personally, I hope they continue to have such controversial displays as I believe that it serves to drive people away from them. I also believe that they are having less and less impact with retailers and manufacturers that certainly cannot sympathize with a group that promotes alcohol consumption and would use someones disease jokingly to promote themselves.

· Registered
224 Posts
I thought PETA stood for "People who Eat and Taste Animals"

· Registered
386 Posts
sportsmaster...

it was incredible to actually read some of the hate mail out on the site. it's amazing to me just how ignorant people can actually be in regards to harvesting animals.

just one more person who's breathing oxygen the rest of us could be enojoying!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.