Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather was right,,,the geese were in the field for the past 2 days. We shot one goose and that's it!!! The darn things never left the roost. I just wonder if the people that live right there were feeding them or something. We had spitting snow to heavy snow,,, decent wind,,,heavy cloud cover in the afternoon, still they didn't fly. Wierd. Our last hunt was a bust too except we didn't shoot any,,but someone hunted the roost that day,,,so I understood a little about that,,,but today was just wierd. I was really expecting a good spankin on the geese. 3 of the 5 of us were excellent callers and the blinds were covered almost completely with snow from the past few days,,,then they don't show,,,,wierd,,,,I said that already didn't I. Just goes to show you,,,,you never know,,,that's why we play the game.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You know why you didn't see any birds??????? Well I'll tell ya' why!!! It's because of you guides!;) You guys lease up all the land and kill all the birds and us poor "Joe" hunters are gettin the shaft.:rolleyes: ;) ........oh my.........I mean um... uh... that's to bad better luck next time:D

If anyone didn't catch the sarcasm ......I was just kidding:D

Before I got serious I used to go on plenty of guided hunts.

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Tomorrow looks real good too.

"mostly sunny, high of 21 (not until 3:00), but a "feels like" high of only... 5 degrees!!! GASP!!:eek:

probably just work on "the hole" again for Sundays last Hurah.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you were jokin Duck Man,,,I think:confused: But I know a lot of folks think that way. The truth is at least for me,,,I don't have very much land leased. The deer hunters do though,,,can't compete at $1500.00 for a 100 acre piece of land. Seems like an awful lot of money to me to shoot a deer or 2.

That was the first hunt this late season when we had the right conditions we didn't wack em. We still have geese but they are the smart ones that probably have been here since Sept. I have one more hunt and Sunday. It looks like the best day our of the next 3,,,We will see. I have some real good guys coming that have seen the feast and the famon, Hopefully we don't go home hungry:eek:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes I was jokin';) I know the late season is a rough time to get birds. I have been out plenty and not fired a shot. got a few around me just havin' a hard time gettin' on fields. Lots of deer hunters like you said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts