Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best set up to fish salmon in the pere marquette, upriver not the pier or pm lake? Maybe a link to a diagram or something? thanks for the help

·
Registered
294 Posts
The guys over at Baldwin Bait & Tackle are great to get some info on. Here's a link to maps of the river that they have on their site. You can get printed copies of these maps at their shop.

http://fishbaldwin.com/LocalInfo/PMMaps/PMMaps.cfm

I have always just stopped at a hole and drifted flies.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
A big treble hook with some lead molded to it or two flies about four feet apart "hook" fish with amazing results. Both require a special spastic rod movement that requires no teaching. Just watch what everyone else is doing. Now if you want to catch them rascals and are willing to put quality above insanity, I'd say spool up a decent spinning reel with 20lb power pro, put it on a 7foot rod, buy some deep running firetiger jn thundersticks, and start casting. Have fun at the circus.:) One more thing, there is a special section for special people where you cannot do what I just recommended so get a map of the river from BBT and stay above or below that piece of water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts