Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,371 Posts
Steve, I respect whatever you feel you have to do, but for the record, the PM is on the forum header as a "postable" river.
FWIW

ps
thanks for all the info and entertainment you provide

·
Registered
348 Posts
Steve why stop posting.I can t see why when theres millions of ways to get a p.m. report(pm lodge,silver sides,schmidt outfitters etc.).Hey your just try to promote the sport and i don t blame you it s tough trying to guide.Welcome to the information super highway lol

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Steve,
I agree with Kevin/Amos. There is no reason you should stop posting about the PM. Your reports make for excellent reading no matter if you catch fish or not. Boat traffic will keep increasing on that stream whether you post or not, more guys are using boats nowadays.

Your efforts at keeping the membership informed as to what's going on in that stream, both with the fishing and other matters are to be commended.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Steve:
Keep up the good work! I always look forward to your reports. Makes the day at work more enjoyable.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Too bad a few spoiled apples can sour the whole bunch. At least I know where I can go to always find a good PM report. Sorry to hear the news.:(

No reports - Michigan-Soundoff.com.:eek:

For real reports shop elsewhere or buy the books, magazines, or maybe a new website where reports are welcome. All naysayers can leave it at the door.:rolleyes:

Where's that dead horse?

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
And the beat goes on. The fallout from this continued discussion, foisted on us by only a small mnority of members is eating away at this site, slowly but surely.

We are diminished as a whole because a few guys are unhappy.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
A policy is in place. There are some that dont like it, fine. Question it if you like but accept the fact that the policy is in affect right now. If someone doesnt like it, GO AWAY!! Start a site that does allow whatever you want. This one is here to stay, like it or not!!

·
Premium Member
12,856 Posts
I dont need reports and dont beleive this site is resaponsible for most of the evils that plauge the world. The loss of unity of the site is the is the lagest outcome of this thread. Whit hit it on the head.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Originally posted by Whit1
The fallout from this continued discussion, foisted on us by only a small mnority of members is eating away at this site, slowly but surely.

We are diminished as a whole because a few guys are unhappy.
I must ask, who are these "Few Guys" you're reffering to Whit?

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
John,
It is rather obvioius by reading through the thread.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
FYI, [email protected] has posted this on other websites as well. I have a feeling it may have more to do with what was said on another site, and the fact the guy has got to be pressed for time at this time of year.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Can't say I blame Steve. Many around here are afraid to post for all the bitching going on, and flaming for the same reason. I used to like reading about the rivers, and fellow members success or lack thereof. With your efforts you have stifled the reports and fellowship of the remaining membership. Kudos to your cause, and demise of this once great site.

I only hope you don't next focus your ethics on lakes and great lakes or I will have lost all reason to come here.

Grandstanding, few guys, enjoy yourselves...:rolleyes:

Won't hear from me again on this subject, we are all losers. Divided we fall.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Boy thats a shame Steve.

Ive enjoyed reading your reports at this site for years now.

Cant say that I blame ya tho...I know alot of members have decided to refrain from posting any fishing reports on this site from here on out.

Too many report posting rules...and even when you follow em....someone will still give you grief (cause you mention where you launched your boat???) Too much controversy...and many people not posting info, pics, and reports in fear of getting slammed.

Now we see pics of some dude holding a fish...the national scenic forest and river in the background all blackened out. I'm sorry, but I think thats ridiculous.
Just writing that you caught a 6 lb chrome hen, in a sideways snow storm, in a cedar swamp; conjures a much better image in my head. A picture of a dude and the hen with everything else in the picture blackened out is pretty worthless.
I truly enjoy looking at the "fishing adventure slide shows"....now Im not sure whether we even have any members here anymore that do those 6-12 photo slide shows. Splitshots, Dons, and Steve's picture slide shows were top notch.

One thing I found refreshing about [email protected]'s photographs was that he never tried to hide anything.
Even tho he makes his living on this one river, and too much pressure could hurt him financially, he still posted and photo'd with abandon.
[email protected], Ill be sure to check your site from here on out to see your fantastic work.

I dont understand what you guys are trying to ACHIEVE with the post limitations.
I understand why you want to do it, and a big part of me tends to agree....
You hope you can keep the hordes of fisherman on the bigger rivers, to ease pressure on the smaller streams that cant take the angler pressure. Right?
But as of right now....I dont see any less fishing pressure anywhere...in fact everyyear I see more, everywhere. This years no exception.
Fishermen dont want to fish in hordes of other people....and by nature they seek solitude...which hardly exists in this state.
Fishermen look for secret honey holes...in thousands of ways...books, mags, friends, the net, etc....this website is one information avenue of 10 thousand...I believe succeeding in plugging this avenue will have no effect on the amount of steelheaders looking for solitude.

This site has lost members over this, lost fishing reports over this, lost information over this, and has lost alot of photo's over this. (those 4 reasons alone are the reasons I even open up this web page)
And my favorite steel runs are still more crowded than ever. The only thing I see being achieved, is damage to this website.

I have no doubt that if this web site *poof* vanished, I would still see more steelheaders next year...everywhere.

You guys have enjoyed this media that Steve from MS has provided for the last 4 or 5 years...some of you have thousands of posts...obviously you enjoy being here. Im not sure why some of you guys seem so intent damaging it now.
This controversy has caused this website to lose a big slice of enjoyment.

Im not sure its worth it..I really dont think it is.

I dont want to kick a hornets nest, and Ive stayed out of this completely...these are just my thoughts...and till this trend of slamming report posters ends....I will refrain from posting pics, info, and reports.

Hunt

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.