Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any King sightings in PM lake or is it too early...?
I'm going to be up that way this weekend and just wondering if there would be any trickling in yet or if I'd have to go out in the big lake.
Thanks.

Registered
I鈥檓 going up there next weekend to troll/jig. What kind of rod and reel setup is best for jigging? I鈥檝e jigged the D for walleye plenty but never PM for kings. Any advice would be appreciated!

Registered
I鈥檓 going up there next weekend to troll/jig. What kind of rod and reel setup is best for jigging? I鈥檝e jigged the D for walleye plenty but never PM for kings. Any advice would be appreciated!
I personally like a medium heavy 6鈥6鈥 when jigging for salmon. Anything to long will wear you out. Anything to flimsy you will have to work harder to get the weight moving, again wearing you out. As far as a reel I like shimano Sedonas in a 4000 series. I like using 50# braid with a 2鈥 flouro bumper. Tie up a 2oz Jonah jig Poe and send it 馃槈

Registered
Any King sightings in PM lake or is it too early...?
I'm going to be up that way this weekend and just wondering if there would be any trickling in yet or if I'd have to go out in the big lake.
Thanks.
There were a 鈥渇ew鈥 around when the lake kinda flipped a few weeks ago, but it鈥檚 been super warm since then with a south component to the wind for a while. The thermocline has been deep, hovering around 80 to 100鈥 down in 120鈥 plus of water.

Premium Member
I use a 6鈥6鈥 heavy and a 7鈥 MH, found they both work well for me. 50 lb braid to a 20 or 25# floro leader, use some sort of snap vs tying direct. 2 & 3 oz DET flutter spoons.
Body jewelry Art Jewellery Cone Fashion accessory
Product Natural material Feather Font Art
Bait Fishing bait Fish hook Body jewelry Hook
Body jewelry Feather Natural material Necklace Wing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts