Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Getting these photos cropped, titled and on-line took me long enough, so I don't have a whole lot of time left for a "report"....

As I mentioned yesterday we got a bit of a late start today because of some work the guys had to get done, but it worked out O.K. again. We got off to a slow start, but things picked up for us in the afternoon. There was a fair amount of traffic around including a few boats that had the same evening ideas and word on the river from most folks we spoke to was that it was slow.

Indeed, we didn't see even close to as many fish showing themselves today as we have been. There were a few here and there, ones and twos on gravel, but nothing like we had seen even the day before. The water was much clearer and this may have something to do with it, I'm not sure. The water temp we got was consistent with a few other anglers at 40 degrees, but one group we spoke with got 38 like it has been.

Still, we managed to get a nice brown of around 15 or 16" from a pool in the morning and had one good battle with a nice fresh fish from gravel that we lost. Just before we ate a late lunch a bright hen in a pool decided that a chartreuse egg looked tasty to her and Tom managed to play her to the net!

It took a while before we found another willing player that we could bring in, but I took a chance on a little slot that produces now and again. Here, Vince managed to get the right drift within a couple of cast (Hard to do in this spot.) and was rewarded with a feisty little girl as well.

Our next run was the real day maker. We joined Herb and his crew where they had already hit two and managed to land a couple more. These two came on a pink nuke and an olive hex. After that we got into a few more further down, but as luck would have it... they won. All in all it was a slower day action wise than we've been having, but our landing ratio was a bit better and we had an absolute blast! I'm already looking forward to our trip next year, but right now I've got to get to bed and be prepared for the one we've got in the morning! It's another fun group that Herb and I do together and no matter what, it's a darn good bet we're going to have a bunch of fun again!

I'll probably hold off on another report until Sunday or Monday at this point. Till next time, tight lines!
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts