Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you on here may know my husband Brian Agee aka Perchjerker. Just wanted to let you know that last Friday Brian was pulling his boat out of LEMP with his friend John and slipped on the boat ramp while going to hook up his boat. He fell backwards, breaking his neck and back. He was airlifted to Beaumont Royal Oak, had surgery and has a poor prognosis (i.e.no feeling in his arms or legs and is on a ventilator) . Please be careful at the launches of the algae, oil slick surfaces! He was wearing waders at the time. I apologize if this post isn't allowed. He loved every part of the fishing experience and was just getting our 8 yr old grandson excited about it too. Fish on!!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Very sorry to read this...my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I was loading at the launch next to your husband when he fell, and along with another bystander helped hold him steady while John called 911 and we waited for the fire department. John may have already relayed my message to you or Brian, but I wish him the absolute best outcome possible! I know the prognosis isn't great, but I really do hope to see him out there fishing again one day!

As for the launch being slippery that day, that's putting it very lightly. Brian was actually wearing a pair of heavy soled Muck boots, and they should have provided enough traction for most any launch conditions. It was so slick that day that I had could barely stand next to him to hold his head in place, and had to kneel on the concrete in the water to avoid slipping further down the ramp. I was told that the park is going to try wire brushing them, and I hope they really can do something to help prevent accidents like this in the future.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts