Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself, and Rob(aslongasitpullsback) met up with Josh, his lovely wife Becky, his buddies Dan, and "LGBT" friend Robert:lol:. We heading out from "Lost peninsula" marina, and went East. Don't ask me where, how deep, etc., since it was my first time ever there on a boat, and I was the 6th mate...lol...We set anchor and using some fancy bowed erie perch rigs, and a few sag. bay rigs, proceeded to pick away at some decent perch. It wasn't fast and furious, but there was times when a school would come through and we'd get some good fish. Most were 8-10" fish with a few smaller, and a few bigger. Waves were about 2' early on from NE, but layed down later to nothing. We had 100 by 9:45, and our Ohio limit of 180 by 11:00 a.m. Pulled anchor and made a move into Michigan waters to try for the rest, but ran out of minnows as water layed down, heat came out hot, and the bite slowed. Left at 12:30 with not too shabby 208 perchies!!! :)....Got back to shore, and Josh and his crew donated some previous fillets to a neighbor a few slips down who was doing a fish fry. Awesome time to put it lightly! Thanks so much Josh for a great time, I'm looking forward to coming back soon:D Nice meeting your wife, Dan, and even that crazy *uck Robert..lol. Anyone looking for a heck of a boat, Josh has a good one for sale. If I had a truck I'd be looking into it, but my mini van won't pull a 27' fishing machine.

Almost forgot the sweet auto perch counter mounted to the cooler! :).

#1 Ralph Smith, 8 minutes ago
Edit Report

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Great job and report. Been thinking about taking the trip south myself. Have a client of mine who fishes out of port Clinton almost every weekend so might have to go with him to learn the area a bit. I've been on several charters but never on my own down there.

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
Might be heading there in the a,m will know by 8 p.m ,wind should be ok east at less than 5 untill noonish what color bead or bows were best Ralph?

·
Premium Member
29,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Might be heading there in the a,m will know by 8 p.m ,wind should be ok east at less than 5 untill noonish what color bead or bows were best Ralph?
Josh had some gold blades on his "bow shaped" Erie rigs. I faired ok with the only ones I ever use....glow beads or pink beads on the tangle free rigs. Good luck Mike! :). Hope to see you guys down there one of these weekends.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Josh had some gold blades on his "bow shaped" Erie rigs. I faired ok with the only ones I ever use....glow beads or pink beads on the tangle free rigs. Good luck Mike! :). Hope to see you guys down there one of these weekends.
Friend and I went yesterday, fished out of Sterling State Park, caught 76 perch, 7-10", noon to 3 in 26-27 fow in front of Fermi.Charteuse blades, nonstop action, only moved once.Drive down there SUCKS!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts