Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone getting any perch anywhere hearing a couple guys getting them trolling anyone fishing for them yet been frying up the walleye and realized I need some perch to go with them:)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Premium Member
29,951 Posts
When the walleye slow down the perch will start up. Was going to try yesterday, but couldn't get minnows. Most place were out. Was little windy anyway. I like it calm for perch, so you can use a slip bobber if needed, and light gear. There's no such thing as perch chop:lol: Won't be long, looking forward to a meal of those tasty buggers:) Only 1 quart bag left in freezer!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya mine are all gone since may need some I use a ultra light rod about 5'6" when its calm with no bobber just tight line might throw a 3rd line with a bobber that I don't always have to hold

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
31 Posts
weather permitting i'll be perchin saturday. I'll post a report. don't let the lack of minnows keep you from catchin perch. i seem to do better on a piece of nightcrawler this time of year. they are a lot easier to keep fresh also. its interesting you guys like calm for perch fishing, i seem to do better with a chop.

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
ya might want to try augres;) they are a few in just dont think guys a targeting them yet.. i like alittle ripple so ya get a slow drift till ya find em and then slide the anchor over:D sportmen direct in stclair has some plastics that we did very well on this spring but have forgot what they are called:sad: good luck....

·
Registered
31 Posts
fished from 8 am till 6 pm, out of baycity, LONG day, kept 39 perch, few throwbacks, many sheep and small cats. perch were average to small average with a few jumbos. 21 f.o.w. night crawler pieces, white bead perch rig worked best.

·
Premium Member
29,951 Posts
fished from 8 am till 6 pm, out of baycity, LONG day, kept 39 perch, few throwbacks, many sheep and small cats. perch were average to small average with a few jumbos. 21 f.o.w. night crawler pieces, white bead perch rig worked best.
Thanks for report. Might be along day, but sitting on the water and enjoying the day is nice and relaxing when your perch fishing. Plus with 39 of them, you probobly got a good 3lbs. of fillets!:) Also you save alot more on gas then walleye fishing:D

·
Premium Member
29,951 Posts
ralph give me a call if ya need someone to go perchin with ... getting bored around hear......:evil:
Will do, but think I'm working all week. My days got switched. Will let you know if I can make a quick run out some morning or evening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts