Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would throw this out here to get feedback on what type of rigs guys use for catching perch. Commercial or handtied? Spreader or drop shot? Beads or no beads.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I tie my own with beads .. It's a inline perch rig .. 1, 2 or 3 hooks ... It's a good setup IMO

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I make my own also some inline most not but by making my own i can use any combination of colors I want, caught a lot of flak from asking where to get crimp sleeves last fall (michigan sportsman on center $29.00 1000ct) :lol:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Hand tied, red hooks, no beads, 2 hooks.

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like light line rigs, most of the commercial rigs have to much hardware for my liking. Call me a minimalist....

I was thinking of the attached inline design. May tie a bunch up and give it a go. Any suggestions for hooks size/brand, favorite bead colors, other suggestions welcome as well.

Any perch rig pic's anyone willing to share?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I like light line rigs, most of the commercial rigs have to much hardware for my liking. Call me a minimalist....

I was thinking of the attached inline design. May tie a bunch up and give it a go. Any suggestions for hooks size/brand, favorite bead colors, other suggestions welcome as well.

Any perch rig pic's anyone willing to share?
You can eliminate the crimp by threading main line thru bead three times, it will lock onto itself. And it is possible to adjust with a little manipulating., hence minimaler(?).Works for me, :)

·
Registered
25,367 Posts
Loop the end and tie direct to the main line.. The rap with perch minny will catch many nice fish.

·
Premium Member
29,761 Posts
When they're biting good, I have no problem with the plain old "tangle free" rigs sold everywhere up here for $1.49. I only use 2 colors...pink beads and glow beads. I'll take a rig and cut it right in the middle between the 2 hooks, and tie those to 2 others to make 2-3 hook rigs. You never know when they're hungry, and if you miss one, you don't have to reel in with 3 hooks. More than likely you got a minnow left. More time in water is more fish.:D.

·
Registered
642 Posts
When they're biting good, I have no problem with the plain old "tangle free" rigs sold everywhere up here for $1.49. I only use 2 colors...pink beads and glow beads. I'll take a rig and cut it right in the middle between the 2 hooks, and tie those to 2 others to make 2-3 hook rigs. You never know when they're hungry, and if you miss one, you don't have to reel in with 3 hooks. More than likely you got a minnow left. More time in water is more fish.:D.

Get out of my honey hole Ralph. J/k, can't wait to get after them there

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
how long of a leader are those? I tied some up just like this that were about 12" from the main line and they tangled all the time. any suggestions?
I only make my droppers 4 to 5" long to prevent tangles

·
Registered
25,367 Posts
how long of a leader are those? I tied some up just like this that were about 12" from the main line and they tangled all the time. any suggestions?
Yes take a look at the size of the tag lines compared to the main line that is tied to the rap.. A heavier stiffer line, Won't tangle and hang off to the sides, Also make sure they hang on opposite sides of your main line.. Not both off to one side. I tie all mine 12" also ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
awesome, thanks guys. ill have to sit back down and make up a couple more.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts