Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been fishing the mile roads (9and 10) and have noticed alot of the perch have red mouths. is this normal now? seems like the last few days, they've really slowed down and the ones I'm cleaning don't have much in their guts compared to last week. some say this is a disease, others that they're feedind on the bottom but I'm getting fish through the total water column (6 feet).

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
five more casts said:
been fishing the mile roads (9and 10) and have noticed alot of the perch have red mouths. is this normal now?

say......... You ain't milkin those perch are ya?:16suspect

·
Registered
736 Posts
Perch with red mouths....Just wondering if Koby is out there with his red hooks wearing out the mouths of those perch, ha ha

Bob

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Try placing the fish into a dark area and see if they glow in the dark? never saw a red mouth on a perch before. Have any pics?

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Dem perch been eatin...TOOOOOO.....Many.....Strawberries....:lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
now, i don't know if this has anything to do with it, but 2 weeks ago i was jigging a rapala with some red mr. trout eggs that i got from a buddy while i was on the ice....these eggs had to be 10 years old and they were like mush and they were staining everything i touched red, including the fishes mouths...i don't have that same problem with jensen eggs...now i am sure this is not the problem with the fish but who knows?...i was fishing near metro beach---nick is scs

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Didn't they dump a few million gallons of treated sewage at 9 mile last week? Maybe the chlorine/bleach is affecting the perch?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Must be the hot sause. :lol: sorry I can't help never seen such a thing.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
they must be female perch and you put lipstick on them .a bit of perch kissin before the milkin.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
after talking to guys that were serious..I've been told that this is from them feeding on the bottom on bloodworms. Articles say they use these in their diet for egg developement. don't know if this is true but there are articles on it. didn't expect answers about lipstick and milkin. thought you guys had your own thread on that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts