Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1841 - 1860 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Heading out as soon as I get Momma to move her car that I can't get into IF I want to walk today...LOLOL
Turtle Island area because I got my 1 man Ohio Monday so trying again.
No 12"ers but all that were over 7.5 if dying went into livewell and the 30 fish equaled 3.24#'s of fillets.
Hook minnows on hooks!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Fished about 8hrs. Ended with ~50 for 2 guys. Threw back maybe 20-30 more. Quite a few in the 10-12” range. Straight out from ssp 24’ and a bit north and east of there in 26’. They’re there just need to search a bit.
We ended up about a half mile from 1&2 at 1:00 with ten in the cooler. Ran out of bait at 4:00 with 77 monsters in the cooler. My fishing buddy had 3 doubles with 2 12” perch. He though he had a sheepshead until they came to the surface. We each caught a monster that looked like a yellow smallmouth, but when we both tried to hoist it the lips ripped out because they were so heavy. We both thought they were sheep’s until we got them to the surface. We caught a couple of 13” and these two were bigger. Next time we’ll get the net. Crushing when a giant like that goes plop back in the lake. Only fish under 8” were bleeders. Glad we ran out of bait or we would still be there. Getting home after 6:00 does not go over well.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,844 ·
We ended up about a half mile from 1&2 at 1:00 with ten in the cooler. Ran out of bait at 4:00 with 77 monsters in the cooler. My fishing buddy had 3 doubles with 2 12” perch. He though he had a sheepshead until they came to the surface. We each caught a monster that looked like a yellow smallmouth, but when we both tried to hoist it the lips ripped out because they were so heavy. We both thought they were sheep’s until we got them to the surface. We caught a couple of 13” and these two were bigger. Next time we’ll get the net. Crushing when a giant like that goes plop back in the lake. Only fish under 8” were bleeders. Glad we ran out of bait or we would still be there. Getting home after 6:00 does not go over well.
Nice job on dem whales.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
No time for perch nets just rip them onto the deck..and put into a head lock ..

·
Registered
601 Posts
Fished with Jimbobway from the site this afternoon and we also spanked the perch pretty hard out past 1 & 2 about a quarter of a mile in 23 1/2 - 24 1/2 FOW. We ended up bringing home 60 perch with a lot of 9 & 10 inchers, some 11's and one 13 incher. Glad to see that the perch are starting to come in and there are some jumbos in the mix!

Frank
Food Ingredient Staple food Sardines Seafood

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Heading out as soon as I get Momma to move her car that I can't get into IF I want to walk today...LOLOL
Turtle Island area because I got my 1 man Ohio Monday so trying again.
No 12"ers but all that were over 7.5 if dying went into livewell and the 30 fish equaled 3.24#'s of fillets.
Hook minnows on hooks!!
Some times no matter how organized you think you are, your not!
After picking up my boat I stop to get minnies and find the entire city at Fishermans Cave getting their shiners..ON A WEDNESDAY?
(EDIT: Found out later MAJORITY OF CUSTOMERS WERE THERE AT FC BECAUSE BAIT SHOP BY BOLLES WASN'T OPEN ,SO GUYS CAME DOWN STATE)
Awesome minnies in bucket, boat ready and in no hurry to be home, I'm off. I Launch and get out to where I could power up , reach to make sure my phone is in it's sheath and find NO PHONE.
Turn around and go back to search truck hoping it fell out between the seats but nope no luck. I hate not having a emergency source with me but decide to rely on VHF in case.
Finally fishing and doing well with White Perch stealing my minnies, I move about 100' from prior days spot and at 11am I'm counting to assure myself I only need a couple more. Wrong...I'm through.
Sad but happy, I ready the boat for ride in.
I had earlier met a new friend who wanted to know all about Perch fishing in a crash course by asking a million questions while being anchored 200 feet from me. We ended up on 68 because I couldn't hear all he was yelling. He wanted minnies, wanted to know where he could buy more from a water accessible bait shop and I tried to assist by telling him what I would do. All I can say is I hope the red 18' boat that was fishing near Turtle Island found my info helpful and gets his chart plotter repaired.
In all, the fish were hitting funny by not smacking but lightly taping the hooks to tease me.
30 Perch filleted equaled 2.36# of fillets.
After listening to the radio, I'm happy with 30 and happy just to be able to get out!!!
BTW.....12' water.

PHONE WAS ON KITCHEN TABLE

·
Registered
107 Posts
Saturday my wife was (sort of) helping me prep the boat for launch... Get the boat in...run about 5 miles out and set up. She asks me where here phone is...Give her my standard "I dont have it" response. Shes freaking out digging through her backpack and purse throwing kack everywhere.

I go to the back corner of the boat to get my minnows and whats sitting on the track by the last rod holder? Yep... 1 phone.

Told her she had better go buy a lotto ticket!

Still don't know how it stayed onboard!

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Saturday my wife was (sort of) helping me prep the boat for launch... Get the boat in...run about 5 miles out and set up. She asks me where here phone is...Give her my standard "I dont have it" response. Shes freaking out digging through her backpack and purse throwing kack everywhere.

I go to the back corner of the boat to get my minnows and whats sitting on the track by the last rod holder? Yep... 1 phone.

Don’t buy a lotto ticket..I once drove my truck to the shop….cussed all the way because I thought I forgot my coffee..nope still on the bumper..

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
I once drove my truck to the shop….cussed all the way because I thought I forgot my coffee..nope still on the bumper..
[/QUOTE]
True sign of how OLD people drive!!🤣

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Just bustin ballz Roofer, I get passed by EVERY vehicle on the way to work, and do the limit on the way home, if that coffee makes on the bumper, shows how smooth you drive!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts

So happy you were lucky to have found her phone. I only like to consider mine a safety device incase of emergency but never fails there's always a call you must make.
I use mine only to call and answer, NO texts. That's my choice and will not change.
I hope you have such good luck when it comes to fishing quality.

1841 - 1860 of 1877 Posts