Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1801 - 1820 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You got a limit on my bday! Its a lucky day! You'll notice a lot of end of September first week of October bdays as we are all those new years eve mistakes! Lmao

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got a later than normal start due to bolles being full. We opted to go to Luna pier harbor club instead of sterling because I assumed we would find fish around turtle again. Tried 3 spots for around an hour or so and came up with 18. Left an went to the dumping grounds set up on the west side among a large group of boats. Fishing was good there and gobies we're plentiful. Got to 120 at a steady clip. Made one more move to the north a quarter mile and got the last 30. Fished 9:00 to 3:30. 5 domka scoops of Goldies would not have been enough if we hadn't cut quite a few in half. Halves were better than whole. 150 very nice size perch.
Food Vertebrate Ingredient Seafood Cuisine

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Been out of town a few months and going to head out tomorrow. It's a 1.5 hour drive. My question is--the Dumping grounds or closer to Fermi? I have all day and will most likely be moving around anyway. And what depth? I'll post my results tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
looks like you pounded them Roofer, nice job. Im not hunting this weekend so maybe try to get out once?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
looks like you pounded them Roofer, nice job. Im not hunting this weekend so maybe try to get out once?
Probably the lightest bite I ever felt …nibble and gone!..caught some eyes at 13” and plenty of 4”.…I just had a discussion with swamp dog and we will probably drag bandits this weekend ..but the perch will be there.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Been out of town a few months and going to head out tomorrow. It's a 1.5 hour drive. My question is--the Dumping grounds or closer to Fermi? I have all day and will most likely be moving around anyway. And what depth? I'll post my results tomorrow.
Presentation….that’s what u need to learn..fish swim…the waves can change from 3 footers to flat calm in a couple hrs..l always adjust for the bounce and watch the tip like a Hawk..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Fished from 10 til 3 today, started looking around 15' nothing, 18' nothing, 20' nothing. 24 fow is where they were along with the bait. Good minnows from bottom line got the job done. Me and my wife brought home 62 perch. She also got a smallmouth and a few drum that peeled off some line. We tossed back about 20 dinks and lost a few nice ones at the boat.
Food Ingredient Seafood Cuisine Fish

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Presentation….that’s what u need to learn..fish swim…the waves can change from 3 footers to flat calm in a couple hrs..l always adjust for the bounce and watch the tip like a Hawk..
thanks Roofer-I've never had a problem catching a limit near Fermi, we'll see. looks like 24 fow is where they're at. Just looking to get a suggestion since the dumping grounds are a hike from SSP.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Fished from 10 til 3 today, started looking around 15' nothing, 18' nothing, 20' nothing. 24 fow is where they were along with the bait. Good minnows from bottom line got the job done. Me and my wife brought home 62 perch. She also got a smallmouth and a few drum that peeled off some line. We tossed back about 20 dinks and lost a few nice ones at the boat.
View attachment 790402
Nice haul those are some consistent fatties!

1801 - 1820 of 1877 Posts