Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I couldn't fish for 10 days, (out of town) and decided to chase Perch this afternoon.
Checked this site for info, nothing new posted.
Called a few buddies who have been fishing the sailboat buoys, no solid leads. Small fish and slow bite.
No pics
No mention of success
No bragging, or even mention of the holy o grail of Sagw Bay

So we head out hoping to find them. Nada.
A buoy - zero, 20fow
b buoy- zero, 19fow
Spark plug - a few (4) 20 fow
Channel back to island - a few (4) 18fow
Mouth of Sagw Rv - a couple (2) 15fow

Two guys 10 perch. We were getting 50 earlier. Where are they??
In close? What depth?

Going back out in the AM

·
Registered
106 Posts
This past weekend my wife and I fished QC and did very good. Lots of sorting. Water temp 72. Went out last night, water temp 76 and only caught a few... I thought deeper. I fished last night QC to the slot 8-16 FOW

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
We were out there today, too. Same story, moved 4 or 5 times, 15 fish, 3 guys, 9:30-2:30, although 3 or 4 of them were 11" or better. Best fishing was 17-19 fow east of Linwood. Haven't been out in a long time, so I was just happy to be on the water.

·
Premium Member
11,512 Posts
They are out there. They have been since the end of July. Haven't moved from the 17-20 foot break line since we started. Some days are better than others. Yesterday was good for us.
Thanks for that info Angler. It is nice to know that there are some of those bandits still out there.

·
Premium Member
11,512 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,512 Posts
I'd just like to catch a few and he has to brag about it with a cooler full!...cripes!!
You might be right but it sure does give the rest of us hope.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts