Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,757 Posts
Try the west side of bay, seem to be doing o.k. over there depending on day. Once weather stays consistant for about 3 days in a row, try it then. More warm rain would help, but don't look like this coming week, may be ice again.:lol: :p

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
i started at au gres this morning. a few guys were casting rapalas off the break wall for eyes and seen a couple caught. no perch:sad:
drove down to omer and watched the suckers being caught hook and line
then down to pine river .no luck on the perch:sad:
great lakes marina had some small 6-7 inchers..:sad:
about 30 boats out of palmer catching dinks..talked to the comercial fisherman and he said no perch yet but soon .also said there was plenty of walleye out there.
next stop hoyles and same same:sad:
going to get the boat out tomorrow and see what i can get on home waters:fish:

·
Premium Member
29,757 Posts
woodie slayer said:
i started at au gres this morning. a few guys were casting rapalas off the break wall for eyes and seen a couple caught. no perch:sad:
drove down to omer and watched the suckers being caught hook and line
then down to pine river .no luck on the perch:sad:
great lakes marina had some small 6-7 inchers..:sad:
about 30 boats out of palmer catching dinks..talked to the comercial fisherman and he said no perch yet but soon .also said there was plenty of walleye out there.
next stop hoyles and same same:sad:
going to get the boat out tomorrow and see what i can get on home waters:fish:
The walleye look like they were big in the belly (on way up) or thin and hungry (coming out already). Might give it a try this week a couple evenings.

·
Registered
380 Posts
We trolled in front of Au Gres this morning with no success. The Biologist in the parking lot said he only logged one walleye all morning. Lots of people along the Rifle though.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Fished all along the quanicasee r., the Saginaw R., Sunset Shores YC. Bay Agg, and Bay Harbor and only managed around a half dozen. No size at all. Water was very dirty. CO we talked to said he hasn't seen much in a while as well.

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have been praying to the fish gods please let this pick up soon i need to stop working i need some relaxation and time away from home any fish being cought please notify:yikes:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took my small boat into a harbor where I`ve slayed perch and crappie in years past. Sooooooooe many shiners it blew my mind. Some mighty fat cormorrants that had trouble with there lift off. This was at the Sag. river mouth, not a single bite. Talked to my cuz who lives on the Kawk. he has wet aline most every day and swears they're still to come, talked to guys casting at mouth, slow, mostly small eyes and only afew [I saw none caught]. This warm rain we`re getting this morn is what we needed, but with the upcoming cold, ?.[was fishing monday eve]

·
Premium Member
29,757 Posts
fisheyejack said:
Took my small boat into a harbor where I`ve slayed perch and crappie in years past. Sooooooooe many shiners it blew my mind. Some mighty fat cormorrants that had trouble with there lift off. This was at the Sag. river mouth, not a single bite. Talked to my cuz who lives on the Kawk. he has wet aline most every day and swears they're still to come, talked to guys casting at mouth, slow, mostly small eyes and only afew [I saw none caught]. This warm rain we`re getting this morn is what we needed, but with the upcoming cold, ?.[was fishing monday eve]
Was you on shore at mouth of Kaw.? A friend and I fished the east side of mouth, only saw a couple pike, and 1 small walleye caught. About half dozen people on west side, and a dozen on east side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts