Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from lansing and aside from a gravel pit someone told me has perch in it, I'm really not sure where I should head for them near by. Last year my buddy and I went to lapeer county and fished on lake nepessing. he caught several crappie, a few pike on tip ups and I managed 4 yellow perch about 5 inch long average. not a very productive day but we litterally just walked out away from all the people, drilled 2 holes, set up a flip over shanty and just hung out all day. that part was fun, catching fish was a bonus, we didn't even try looking for fish, just took a shot in the dark. So this year we are trying to plan a Houghton lake/higgins lake weekend and for myself, i'd like to see what I can find locally for perch fishing but I would rather not catch fingerlings LOL. Duck lake, narrow lake and Saubee have been suggested and i've never been to those. Saubee looks like a strait shot west of me, easy to find. open suggestions appreciated. If I can tag along some weekend on someone's favorite perch lake locally, PM me. thanks again.

I learn the most from those who have gone before me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you're looking for perch. Duck lake is by far the best . Tons of nice perch and lots of jumbos also. That is what I fish for on duck. They have wiglers at the store across from launch. They are a must have.:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my friend's brother talked him into this lake being something special. I sure didn't see it but anytime on the ice catching something is fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts