Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father loved perch fishing . My father loved to take his family perch fishing and he acomplished both by taking us on a charter boat that ran out of Pinconning .
The name of the boat was the " CLIPPER " and was captained by Larry Meyers [sp] . As I remember the First Mate was Louie and in the winter he did the same job on a boat in Florida .
At recent family gatherings the topic of endless discussion , beause no one knows for sure , is where was the boat docked when it ran out of Pinconning ?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
There is Gambils just south of Pinconning and there was another marina about a mile south of pinconning rd. , can't remember the name of it.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Back in the day there was blizzard hills up river, Genows near the mouth and gambils to the south. Then a private Marina at the end of Cody eastey rd.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Genow's I think was where they were out of, but at Brown's Landing just before the Singing Bridge was a big perch fishing boat that took people out all of the time, at least that is what I remember it being called. Also there was a Schultz's marina, just north of Pinntuckey also.
Mark
Reel Fish'n

·
Premium Member
29,949 Posts
Genow's I think was where they were out of, but at Brown's Landing just before the Singing Bridge was a big perch fishing boat that took people out all of the time, at least that is what I remember it being called. Also there was a Schultz's marina, just north of Pinntuckey also.
Mark
Reel Fish'n
Don't know if they still go out, but not that long ago they still did...."The Miss charity Isle" was the name on side, just N. of singing bridge.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Miss Charity sadly runs no more. It was the only boat my mother would go perch fishing on. Three or four times a summer we would take her out. I think they quit three years ago, maybe more. The last few years we went we didn't get any limits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts