Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread the topic of the percentage of tags being filled was brought up. Do 20%,30% etc. get filled?

So i have a question, and you don't have to be specific with what you killed, just numbers.

What Percentage of the tags you buy, Buck and doe, do you plan on filling or have already filled.

I usually by 5-6 tags a year with the thought of filling 2 to 3. so I plan on Filling 30-60% of the tags I have bought.
Why do I buy the extra ones, I don't know, I just do.

·
Registered
858 Posts
66% of my tags are filled

·
Premium Member
8,596 Posts
I usally buy the combo tags and 2 doe permits. I always PLAN to fill those 4.

So far i filled my reg buck tag during the 1st week of Nov. with my bow and still have the 4 points or better and the 2 doe tags in my pocket. I usally try to take a deer in early bow, gun, m/l, and late bow. So far my PLAN is already a little off. Im pretty sure ill fill my 2 doe tags , 1 w/ a m/l and 1 w/ a bow and ill do my best out there to fill my restricted buck tag.
My favorite time of the year for deer hunting has just arrived!!;)

-Bob:)

·
Administrator
17,511 Posts
I generally buy 2-3 tags (1 combo, 1 doe), and average 1 deer/year.
This year was no different. I took 1 deer and purchased the three tags.
<----<<<

·
Registered
74 Posts
I usually buy combo and two antlerless permits one for home property and one for the hunt up north. Past 3 years have filled 50%, none filled this year. Got skunked on the north hunt. ML season better bring the table scraps

·
Registered
603 Posts
I bought the combo license so far I'm batting .000, hopeing to get out bow hunting sometime in dec.

·
Premium Member
6,244 Posts
I purchased a combo and 3 doe permits. I still have a restricted buck and 1 doe permit. That puts me at 60% filled.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
66% filled 33% to go, that means only one more deer left to hit the freezer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I purchased a combo and 2 doe permits. One doe permit for public land(crawford county) the other was for private land(clinton county). I still have a restricted buck and 1 doe permit(private). That puts me at 50% filled.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
05' 2 out of 3. Two bucks.
04' 3 out of 4. Two Bucks & one doe.

Most years I have one tag left. I usually get 2 or 3 deer a year and eat them all! I give some out to friends and family as well. Now this year if I shoot one more doe I'll stop at 3 for 3.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Bought 5 in september and filled 4 in bow season - take rifle season off and plan to get 1-2 more so I am i tag short of goal.

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
Bought combo and 2 antlerless tags. Have filled one Antlerless so far, planning on getting at least one during muzzleloader season. 25% filled so far.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Combo, general doe and private doe. Got two deer with bow so I'm 50%. Would like to bet another in late bow. Last year had same tags and got two deer, 50% (Should have had a 4
3rd deer but I missed!) John-Ypsi

1 - 20 of 33 Posts