Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard or been out to pentwater lake for steelie's yet? I am starting to get the itch if you know what I mean.:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ill run up there and check before the weekend matt. Ive got that itch your talkin about also.
ill let you know
uniborn

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
My son checked yesterday and didnt see anyone on the ice yet but its making ice.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
The lake is fishable right now. Buddy went up there last week to check things out and there were a couple of guys out there fishing. Their waitress in the bar said that they've been picking up some fish out there. There isn't even any open water by the mouth...it is completely frozen over.

I'll be up there one day this weekend. I'll have on my camo MS.com hat.

Scott

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet guys!!
Thanks. I think I am going to try and get out their next weekend. Anyone want to get together for maybe a mini outing?

·
Registered
339 Posts
When we talkin Matt? Im ready to give her a try. I do need to investigate the spawn status though. I got some that needs to thaw.
Troy

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I might be up for that...Depending on when it is...
Pentwater has a real nice population of pike in it as well as the steel...

Let me know what you guys are planning...and we'll see if i can fit you in...eh...

Peace ice dogs.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Don't forget - Pentwater Lake is in Oceana County which are in the boundaries for the Perch Festival. There is a STEELHEAD division for the fishing contests. You might really be missing out if you pop a big ol' toad and didn't buy a $2 raffle ticket ....

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I'll be out there on Saturday. I'll be wearing a black ski coat, black bibs, and a camo MS.com hat. Stop and say hi. I met Catfishhoge while out there last year.

Wigglers can also be effective if you are low on spawn.

Matt...where can you purchase the raffle tickets?

Give us the skinny on the festival and tourney!!

Scott

·
Registered
860 Posts
I will be there sat or sun. morning I will be in brown carharts with a camo radar hat on, in a fish trap pro. Stop in for some coffee.

flydunker

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont think I can make it this weekend but either day next weekend I can do. What ever works best for you guys I am game.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Saw some nice fish that came off of Pentwater Lake today that were weighed in at the Perch Festival. Watched a couple come off of White Lake too - all I caught were two suckers. Gonna try different spawn tomorrow. HEard that Pentwater Lake was LOADED with guys as usual for the amount of fish taken.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Premium Member
12,933 Posts
Fished pentwater this morning till 10:30 saw one fish caught. Lots of people there but they were pretty quiet shoulndt of been the problem.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will be there saturday morning bright and early.
Who else is planning on going? Uniborn, let me know if you can spare some spawn. If he can't, does anyone else have some I can use?

Huntingfool43, come on out and shoot the breeze with us. We can work on our game plan for the Labor Day tourny.;)

Sixshooter, are you planning on fishing the evening to or just the morning?

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I can fish ALL DAY LONG...hehe...as of right now I have zero obligations for Saturday so unless something unexpected happens I can fish from dawn to dusk...

·
Registered
339 Posts
If I can make it, which is not looking likely, then ill bring what spawn I can bluedevil. I guess wiglers have been getting some.
As of right now, though, we have company coming up late friday and supposed to take the kids all sledding Sat. and have a cookout/ bonfire.
I will see what I can do. I want to get into some steel. I think Im going to run up there today though.
uniborn

1 - 20 of 23 Posts