Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Pentwater Saturday am to "enjoy" the waves of "1 foot or less" How can they get it THAT wrong?

Anyway, the bite was hot. Had two 17 lb kings in the box before I could get the second rod set. Ended up 6 for 6, with 4 about 16-17 lbs, and 2 about 5 lbs. 2 on Mag Dipsies, wireline, 2 setting 150' back, 4 on 300' Copper. 3 on J plugs, clown with black spots, and 3 on spin doctors with flies, white and green.

Started in 95 ft of water and trolled south in 100-110 fow toward the Little Point, but had our limit before we got there.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice catch there Dutch!! Can't believe ya took a break from ol' walter!!

I hear ya been spending a fair amount of time on the sunrise side, and doing quite well to boot!

We hammered out a 3 man limit south of ya in GH Sat am as well.

Hope you're doing well

Chris

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So many fish, so little time!!

Walter's been pretty good to the rookie, so now I've got to see if I can figure out the Kings. So far, so good!

Are you salmon fishing alot?

·
Registered
184 Posts
1 to 2 times a week, weather and family permitting;)

you picked a good month to go after big kings!

Not sure about the sunrise side, but here where the sunsets, ol' Uncle NOAA don't know jack!!:mad: Never fished the Pentwater area, but you're generally better off checking the wind speed and direction, knowing your water under those conditions, and making your own wave forecast:lol:

If ya decide to fish a little further south, shot me a PM and I'll give ya all the info I got (it's not worth much:lol:)

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Went out of Pentwater Saturday am to "enjoy" the waves of "1 foot or less" How can they get it THAT wrong?

Anyway, the bite was hot. Had two 17 lb kings in the box before I could get the second rod set. Ended up 6 for 6, with 4 about 16-17 lbs, and 2 about 5 lbs. 2 on Mag Dipsies, wireline, 2 setting 150' back, 4 on 300' Copper. 3 on J plugs, clown with black spots, and 3 on spin doctors with flies, white and green.

Started in 95 ft of water and trolled south in 100-110 fow toward the Little Point, but had our limit before we got there.
NOAA is generally wrong more then they are right. I fished Pentwater saturday morning too, I couldn't believe how rough it was compared to the forecast. The bummer was, we had 6 in the boat, with three girls, all whom were sick by 6a.m. Had to run back to shore as the light was coming up, which was a total bummer. We were 0-2 at that point. Lost one fish at the back of the boat, and lost the second fish when he broke off. Both hits were down 35-40 in 90 FOW, plugs w/ flashers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts