Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made my first pilgrimage up to the boat Saturday. All the launches are still iced in(except the dingy dock it's a carry in boat launch only) but channel and the big lake ice free no flow or shore ice. Talked to a local that was fishing the channel he didn't due anything but said one fish was taken off the north pier before he got there. As I was there his buddy called from the south pier at Ludington and said they were hammering them there. Me and my master card stopped up to Capt-Chuck's you know after buying 4 new rods, reels, tackle box, and misc. spoons it doesn't help with a bad case of fishing itch but does leave you with no scratch!

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Did you hear they voted down the bond issue to expand/improve the boat launch at Pentwater, lost by about 50 votes.

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plus they raised my dockage 600.00 and the charter guys a 1,000.00 a season. This with hearing gas will be 4.00 a gallon in water this summer you may a very well equipped boat for sale! EdB are you going to the B.C. Steelheaders meeting Tuesday I think I cruse down to it.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Roger on the no scratch left!

Sorry to hear about your dock fee. Not to rub it in but that makes trailer life a little more easy!

Rick

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
I might go to the BC meeting. Depends on how things are going at home. I try to to save my get away from the wife and kids time for actually fishing. If everybody is happy and it won't impact my weekend, I will go.

The one good thing about no improved launch at Pentwater is it will keep the crowds down. That's a plus for that port.

·
Premium Member
8,083 Posts
Now the property will probably get filled up with more condos. Then they will bitch about fishermen launcing in the early am and waking them up.

That string of condos on the point west of the launch ramp sits where the best Crappie fishing spot on Pentwater Lake was in the 50's. That is what money will get you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts