Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .177 spring pellet rifle and would love to make it more accurate by adding a scope. I bought the $11 Crossman scope and every time I shot the rifle, I had to sight it in all over again.
Can anyone recommend a scope that can be used on a spring loaded, break barrel pellet rifle that won't break the bank???

·
Registered
580 Posts
A few years back I picked up a bunch of scopes on sale with an additional 35% percent off and one of them was a Bushnell Banner Twilight 1.5x4.5 it works great only paid $35 for it but here is other possible choice. Crossbow scopes. Maybe look for used scopes as well I have the RWS gun in the below article and it has a special scope mount that removes the 2 direction recoil so I don't have to worry about damaging a scope not approved for a pellet gun you may have to be careful what scope you get but i would think a crossbow scope that has similar type of recoil could work.

https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/how-can-less-be-more

·
Registered
39,752 Posts
Beeman makes an entry level 4x32 that won’t break the bank at about $30.

A step up is Leapers or for a bit more Hawke. Like most optics price equals quality and repeatability.

Edit:
Search Pyramid Air for scopes, bases and rings in your price range.

·
Registered
39,752 Posts
Keep an eye on the scope base. They tend to move if they are not pinned on a springer.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I just bought a hawke 2-7 X32 AO. I since have found it is only rated to 12 ft/lb energy guns. I have seen reviewers on YouTube recommend it for magnum springers having good luck with it holding up. I’m super skeptical about putting it on my crosman vantage 22. Hate to ruin a 100 dollar scope on a 100 dollar gun. I did find this on Amazon and am thinking of ordering it.

Hammers 3-9x40AO .177 .22 Magnum Spring Air Gun Rifle Scope with Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0099XIJK...abc_JWHW907XF29A85FEJM8D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I really want a PCP rifle so I think I will save the hawke for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
45,108 Posts
I have a Hawke Airmax on my springer. Had to get it repaired in the first year. Actually they just send me a new one in exchange. 2nd one seems to be spraying pellets a little more than I'd like but I haven't put the time in to see if it is the scope or something else. Went from 100% head shot kills on I think about 12 rabbits to about 50/50. And on paper it was about 3" groups at 30 yards so something is going on. I really like the quality of the optics and the reticle though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.