Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife picked a bushel of peaches this afternoon, from a nearby orchard. I promptly made some peach cobbler. Wow! I haven't had peach cobbler in many moons; it is fantastic stuff. I used this recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/peach-cobbler-recipe/index.html

If the peaches aren't super sweet, just increase the amount of sugar in the recipe. Add some homemade whipped cream (easy) and you've got one heck of a late summer dessert. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
early for peaches isnt it? or am I behind .....lol.....

calling me orchard ! I always cann peached so i can make them cobblers all year long :)

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
i just got some from the orchard across the street from my house. some of the sweetest peaches you will find.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
yup I called my Lady yesterday got a basket on hold , so I can start canning :)
good Lord I almost missed it !!!!! this surgery threw me off !~

Plus I can have ALL the Apple wood I want once they start pruning their trees! WOHOOooo

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I have some leftover canned peaches, can we be expecting that cobbler recipe to show up in the recipe area some time before thee weekend?

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure about Michigan, but here in SE PA we've had peaches since the beginning of August, they are just about done now.

Here is the recipe.

Peach Cobbler Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Peaches

4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 1/2 cups milk
Ground cinnamon, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.

Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.

Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
ours just started here :) I did 9 Jars yesterday got hurting pretty bad and I am doing 9 more today...... then probly pick up one more basket. That you do it for the peaches ( I still have like 6 jars from last year!)

Then its pears and tomatos, Salsa...... apple sauce, apple pie in jar :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts