Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

61 - 80 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I had to call in a few favors, cut a couple deals, and invest quite a few months in internet research, but just for @jr28schalm , I figured I had to share one of the pictures I uncovered. What a shock. Not a bad selfie for an old guy! Mystery solved...

View attachment 593837
Knock yourself out just don't forget to remove the location data. Don't need every Tom, Dick and Johnhunter wanting to talk my ear off in the morning darkness.

·
Premium Member
16,157 Posts
This has got to be a private land thing, most of those are all nice legal deer and would be in my freezer, or jerky by now. But, keep passing them, they just might wander under my stand on public, and trust me, I will be sure to double lung 'em.
I pass bucks on public land , I've actually had a couple to hunt the following year. Some I know got shot, no big deal that just means someone was happier to take that Buck than I was.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Not sure if this really counts as a pass on a “buck”....because as my daughter explained....”
3D6471AE-8733-4550-BCCD-4714853FA428.png
A3D6C623-2742-42C0-B1F4-6A229A934658.png
those deer behind the house are getting really smart and starting to camouflage themselves to pretend they are does!” Only trouble is...he dropped his camo before walking past again an hour later.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
This is a great thread. I wish some of my neighbors could have the restraint you guys have. It sucks watching young deer you pass get shot across the field, especially when there are QDM stickers on half the trees around the area. I haven’t shot a buck in 6 years We’ve lived here. Still Taking does, passing good deer and waiting, but they’ll never get mature getting shot as 2.5 year olds. I hope all of your passes result in a beast. Good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
F76B945E-65D1-4F0A-9A2F-C232DF6F56E3.jpeg
This group of bucks just came in to investigate the does around me. The buck on the left came in to 30-40 yards. I had another encounter with him previously and he’s a dual split brow 11 point. He’s extremely unique but just not any age to him. He’s gonna walk at least one more evening

61 - 80 of 143 Posts