Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My wife booked us a place on Paradise Lake next weekend. I’d like to bring some gear and icefish for a few when we can. I’ve never been there. I did a search on here, and all I could gain knowledge wise was that its very shallow, super weedy, and full of little perch, and mythical walleye.
Has any one been up there this year? Any tips or techniques that someone could share, and wondering about ice conditions?
Thanks
Pete

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
I’ve never fished it, a guy at work fishes it once in a while for pike, I don’t think he’s been out this year but I’ll ask.

I would call Young’s in Alanson they might have a recent report.

http://youngs-store-alanson.edan.io/

Ice should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Reactions: Vicious Fishous

·
Registered
58 Posts
last year fished it for the Mackinaw ice gala they have, includes a fishing tournament on Paradise lake, straight out from the boat launch about 10+ feet of water they catch quite a few pike, no size limit they are trying to cut back on the amount of pike on the lake. if you go farther out to the right a small bay usually do well for perch the winner of the tournament for perch caught a 14” perch, if you go left from the boat launch a point comes out almost straight out, you will see it on the GPS, I caught lots of perch and walleye about 10+ feet sandy bottom, there are lots of weeds you have to pick your spots. weeds mostly near shore 6’-8’ they run bubblers to control the weeds, lake is slowly coming back used to be one of the better lakes for fishing, caught perch on tear drops with wax worms seems that is what they liked the best, some on minnows

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! Thanks for the info guys. We are staying in the north side of the lake. Looks like in front of the cabin is some deeper water. I’ll grab some extra tip ups and see what happens. I’ll post a report when I get back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
it has been reopened, the new owner is trying to keep them as a rustic resort, updated, doing a good job, I think all the cabins are ready, new docks, You can call him about ice conditions, the lake is starting to come back, apparently the association is working hard on it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
As long as there is no significant snowfall, ice should be good for any traffic by this weekend. Good cold nights forecasted all week.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try weather.com a little more accurate, night are supposed to be in the teens, but we have had pretty warm weather not much ice forming, I have been going to Brevort lake, I will check for ice thickness on paradise, they are fishing on Black lake and Burt lake not out very far, I checked Black lake Last Thursday about 2-3” not for me

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the info guys. We are staying in the north side of the lake. Looks like in front of the cabin is some deeper water. I’ll grab some extra tip ups and see what happens. I’ll post a report when I get back.
I think where your staying the point I mentioned is straight out from where your cabin is

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wife said it’s an air b’n’b. Thanks for the info! I’m geeked. I haven’t been anywhere besides camping since 2019.

·
Registered
85 Posts
it has been reopened, the new owner is trying to keep them as a rustic resort, updated, doing a good job, I think all the cabins are ready, new docks, You can call him about ice conditions, the lake is starting to come back, apparently the association is working hard on it.
Great sounds like time to take a ride there. Really like the area.

Sent from my moto z4 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wife said it’s an air b’n’b. Thanks for the info! I’m geeked. I haven’t been anywhere besides camping since 2019.
you will love it not that far from the ski area, beautiful country up here, this is a great area, lots of lakes with decent fishing.
fyi side by side went through the ice on Black lake Thursday, so be careful not much ice here only in spots, next week should make some good ice

·
Registered
16 Posts
I fished Carp (Paradise) Lake last night and the ice was 7 inches where we were at on the west side, you should be good to go! The Fish are hungry as well, good luck ! Listen to these guys advice and you will catch some, find spots without weeds

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Truck is packed and we’re headed that way tomorrow. Hoping to hit the dark sky park and maybe take a roady to da UP to see the falls in the winter. Optimistically bringing stuff to make fish tacos, so hopefully we get some keepers. Thanks for all the replies

1 - 20 of 21 Posts