Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How od you all cook your panfish? I'm looking for new ways to try it out. I usually just had them breaded and fried..

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh jeez, I never noticed the recipe forum here.. I don't venture down past the warm water forum often.. Thanks a lot.. :lol:
Disregard this thread then.

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
Arin:

There is an EXCELLENT recipe for lemon-pepper walleye in there. MMMMM...Smotchna.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
My taste buds always say a little flour, salt and pepper, and HOT oil. Some things in life you just don't fool with!!!!!!! Riverman

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Pat dry with paper towel, dip in a batter mixture consisting of equal parts of Drakes and corn meal, add beer to desired consistancy. To zest it up a little add a little Lawry's Seasoned Salt, and/or a spot of Garlic powder, and/or some parmesan cheese.

Pan fry.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I grew up with my Dad always cooking fish in a Drakes beer batter. When I started to cook fish myself I just rolled the filets in the Drakes. I had friends who swore by cracker crums. Then I read an article about shooting your vex through the ice and the author mentioned "cajun" bluegills. I went to store and found "Golden Dipt" Fry Easy Cajun style. I wasn't compleatly satisfied with the spicyness of the Golden Dipt so I added 1/3 of a bottle of Chef Paul Prudhommes Blackened Redfish Magic. Just right! I used to fry some filets with the drakes and some cajun. Always the cajun disappeared
and the Drakes set, so now I only cook 'em up with the cajun!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Two words...Shore Lunch.

Dip (you can soak them for awhile as well if you wish) filets in egg and milk mixture then coat liberally in Shore Lunch powder...use a gooey chunk of the powder/egg-milk from your fingers in the oil to test for when it is ready for the fish. Cook until the fish is the desired texture for who is eating it flipping it occasionally so it doesn't burn. Lay out on paper towel for oil to soak off and the fish to cool...enjoy!

Shore Lunch comes in different flavors as well-Italian, Cajun, Original, and one other that I can't remember (catfish I think). The Italian is a nice treat and the Cajun is OK (too hot straight for me) if you mix it w/ some regular (70/30-60/40 regular to cajun works for me).

·
Registered
923 Posts
fish tacos - use 1/3 flour and 2/3 taco seasoning for batter...put fillets in a soft flour tortilla and top with all of the normal taco stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
mal said:
fish tacos - use 1/3 flour and 2/3 taco seasoning for batter...put fillets in a soft flour tortilla and top with all of the normal taco stuff.
mmmmmm there is place out in San Diego (Rubio's) that has some good fish tacos. They put shreaded cabbage instead of lettuce. little squeeze of lime too :)

Here is a recipe http://recipes.chef2chef.net/recipe-archive/3/A03462.shtml

1 - 14 of 14 Posts