Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out at Palmer Rd. today. Some action in the cuts, more action though, out into the Bay. You'll need boots that go up to your knees and you may get into some nice perch (from the shoreline). DNR was out there a couple of days ago....so please be legal! Also, the barge starts going out this Friday (3/26), if you don't have boat access. I went on the barge last year and it was alot of fun. Also, it's $10 per adult/$5 per child. Hope to give you more info. tomorrow, as my son and I are going out there in the morning!!! Good luck all!!

Walligator

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Do they do good on the barge? how long thru summer do they run? and how do I contact them? I just don't feel like hauling boat way up there and my stop in on way up or back from oscoda?? If fishing is good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do pretty good off the barge, of course it also depends on the weather, etc. He goes from early a.m. until dark. The contact # is 989-846-1333, this is a store run by the owner of the barge. They can give you more details and also a fishing report.....they're commercial fisherman, who put the barge out....so they're reports are very accurate. Hope this helps you.

Walligator

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Thanx Walligator for info I think i'll give it a shot like I said I don't want to bring my boat way up there for perch and thats just what I need. And being commercial fisherman they probly know what there doing so its all good thanx again.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son and I went out yesterday and fished the cut. Lots of very small ones, no keepers for us though. Some guys that were out there in the early a.m. had about a dozen keepers each. The farther out you can walk the bigger the fish were, I didn't venture out w/ the other folks because of the son's "casting abilities" :eek: I'd guess another week before some of the bigger ones are in the cuts. There were about 20 boats out there though, 1/4 mile (or so) past the shoreline.....I'd like to know how they did. I'm assuming, they're doing pretty good because they don't usually get the barge out until the action is decent. Also, fished for about an hour at Pine River, not a single bite. Lots of boats going out though, I didn't see anyone coming in to ask how they were did. I'm going to go out again this weekend, hopefully, and if not then Monday or Tuesday. I'll keep you posted and ask how they are doing on the barge. Myself, I'll go on the barge on a warmer day! :)

Walligator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts