Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I am having problem painting my jigs with the typical bottle of glow paint that you buy at the local tackelshop. All my other colors work fine, but the glow is too thick and does not thin well. The coverage on the jig is always sloppy.

Any help is appreciated. I basically want a new brand of paint though, something similar to what the big manufaturers use.

LK

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Id suggest go with powder paint. I forget the name of it, but theres a powder paint thats widely available, and can be found at gander mountain. Just heat your just heat up, dip it in the powder, it melts and bonds to the head. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried that in the Glow Orange and did not like it. Maybe the glow pink works better ..... it's called Pro-Tec

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Forget about vinyl. White Protec powder glow then a light mist or layer whatever color you want it to glow. Dont forget good and big eyes too.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ladykiller, Different color pigments glow differently. Basically white and green generally glow better then orange reds and pinks, regardless of weither its liquid paint, or powder paint. SO that may be why you didnt get the results you desire. For me the protec white and green glow pretty good.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Ditto on the powder paint. Just finished 100 3/4 oz. jigs and had no problems, also getting better with 2 or 3 color combos with the powder paint. Good luck!!~~~~~~~~><> AL

·
Registered
427 Posts
I saw Krylon glow in the dark spray paint at Ace hardware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts