Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an all orange hunting suit that I would like to camo up. (Hand me down to the son) Anyone have a suggestion as to what would be the best way of permanntly applying some black/brown camo to the suit? Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I once used a black permanent marker on an hunters orange vest and it worked fine. I believe you can also but a brown marker.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I painted my own camo coat for deer hunting. Started out with an inexpensive blaze orange coat from Montgomery Wards, painted branches on it, then cut out some blaze orange flannel for leaves and sewed them on. Sort of an early 3D camo that worked really well in the scrub-Oak country where I did a lot of my hunting. For paint, you can get fabric paints at just about any craft store which will hold up well. My coat wore out long before I had to worry about the paint fading.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I have used Sharpie permenant pens, they tend to fade a little over a few years though, I did use fabric paint from the craft store for a hat once and it worked really well.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
go to a fabric store or art supply store. ou can buy fabric paint. stencil designs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts