Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy big oysters for christmas tradition. I am getting sick of buying theses little 1/2 dollar ones. Anyone know where i can buy online or in the Grand Rapids area?

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hard to find ey?

· Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Try the Flying bridge fish market on Plainfield ave 458-6566

or wholesale at

big o fish house in caledonia 891-5555

superior seafoods broadmoor se 698-7700

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks steinfishski. I will give them a call.

Lunker...What do you mean mushroom? Is it a type of oyster?

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i can see it now. Picking them like a fruit on a tree.:)

We ended up getting some nice ones close to home. We went to the Zeeland D & W. Thanks again for the places.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
MGV,

So what did you make with your oysters? We get together every Christmas Eve and make Oyster soup. Just boil the oysters in their juice, when done add whole milk, butter, and garlic salt and pepper to taste. Yum...Yum! Gotta love it!

Big K.

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Grandma breads them and fries them up. I am not sure if she puts anything else with them besides that. Either way they are the fastest thing gone on the table.

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing fancy. She gets the old frying pan out. She takes a egg and breaks it in a bowl. In another bowl i believe she gets crackers crumbled, salt, pepper and maybe a little bisquick. basically what ever spices coating you want you can throw in with the crackers. A easyier way is throw them in a plastic bag and shake them. I use this same way for fish, rabbits and squirrel. I will fry them and then put them in the oven at 300 until falling off the bone.

My mouth is watering explaining this.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.