Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finishing a week on Higgins Lake. Rented 2 lake front houses, had the entire family together which is just about impossible to do. Just try fishing with 4 grandkids, my son and myself.....wonderful! They all have about a 10 minute attention span and want to move if no one is catching. My son and I don't mind because we can search for good fishing spots. Higgins has great fishing, just find a rocky bottom in about 12-14 feet at the drop off. The kids caught lots of nice, good size, rock bass, perch and smallmouth. We found a spot that held a good amount of good size perch, kids caught some 8-10 inch fish. We would make a killing of almost master angler rock bass if us "professional" fishers handled the rods. We kept no fish, all returned. The only fish my family likes are the ones they get at the restaurant.

My total fish catch count for the week was zero, that's right nada. If you read my posts, especially on the UP forum you would find that I caught enough fish in my life time and now it's all about sharing. I have more fun helping fishers and showing them how to fish.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Thats really cool! Might not seem like they pay attention but youd be surprised at the stuff they pick up from you.

I've got 3 grand children, oldest is turning 5 in Nov. I'm doing my best to get them to not think certain things are yucky. . They're at that finicky stage where they mostly only like chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese. All except my youngest. I think he will eat anything.
I bought them fishing poles and first thing they did was go have a sword fight with them :)

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Higgins sucks!

The fish are marginal and the scenery horrible

See how that feels?
You have to be joking!!!!! You are, or your drinking and smoking too much again. Huge master angler rock bass and you can catch pails full. Nice lakers, rainbow off Big Creek, Smelt in winter, Browns just off of Detroit point. Last year my grand kids caught 3, 12" perch. Our RV group was always up there the 2nd week in June and we caught hundreds of rockies and perch every year.

·
Super Moderator
20,772 Posts
You have to be joking!!!!! You are, or your drinking and smoking too much again. Huge master angler rock bass and you can catch pails full. Nice lakers, rainbow off Big Creek, Smelt in winter, Browns just off of Detroit point. Last year my grand kids caught 3, 12" perch. Our RV group was always up there the 2nd week in June and we caught hundreds of rockies and perch every year.
Yeah the same crap you smoked when schitting on Paul’s Alaska thread!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts