Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 18' CC with a t-top. I am considering getting outriggers for the boat. I have done a bit of looking on the internet and am very confused as far as what type of mounts I will need and how thay will be attached. Does anyone have a boat set up like I am wanting to do, or have they done it themselves and could give me some insight/direction?
Thanks for any help.
bigslick

·
Super Moderator
37,859 Posts
I have a 17 1/2' walk through and didn't want permanently installed outriggers, but I certainly wanted outriggers for precision structure trolling. I put two holders in the slide track right behind the windshield, a tube style for the outrigger and a Salty for the rod. I put the outrigger in the front one, facing slightly up and forward, and the rod in the holder right behind the outrigger. The one in the picture is a Cabellas 15' extendable. Don't let the deflection in that outrigger bother you too much, that is pulling a Super Shad Rap at 3 mph into a 3.5 mph current.

Cheap and effective.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I will take a look at those sites. I also had never thought of using a rod holder for the outrigger pole. I need to uncover the boat and start looking at what I can do.
bislick

·
Super Moderator
3,182 Posts
ESOX,
I tried a set of those for salmon fishing. The first time we took a hit, the fiberglass outrigger exploded. Those were promply returned to Cabela's for a full refund.:D

I think I'm going to build my own outriggers. I still have a couple of 12ft sticks of aluminum that I used for my arch. They would make great outriggers....I think.

·
Super Moderator
37,859 Posts
I have a similar tale lurking around in one of the forums, but the oner I posted was more than just an equipment failure. Cabellas has always backed everything up their products. I have had a couple replaced. I think those were really made for walleye, not muskie and salmon. If anybody comes up with a good stowable rigger, I would sure appreciate the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts