Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "This just isn't right" thread was great! It made me think about this year's camp and my yearly tormenting of my hunting buddy! I am still looking for ideas for this year to hassle him. Two years ago, I bought a motion activated talking skull to use. It was flat, only about two inches deep, and the eyes shifted when it was activated. I wanted to tape it under his deer blind seat on opening day. The cold slows down the response time, so he would settle in his seat before it went off and atarted talking. Well, I was too lazy on the evening of Nov. 14th and decided to tape it under one of the seats of our two-holer outhouse. I made the excuse of going out for a 'movement', then put all the real estate papers, outdoor life magazines and other 'reading materials' normally found in our outhouse on the lid of the 'safe' toilet seat, trying to direct him to the booby-trapped seat. I went back in the cabin. He went out a hour later. Nothing. Not a sound...I didn't want to blow my suprise, so I said nothing. On my way out the following morning, I peeked in the outhouse. The bum moved all the 'reading material' to the other closed toilet seat lid and used the other side! I went out to my blind and hunted the entire day until dark. Upon my return at 6pm, I heard the whole story...my buddy had the familiar 'urge' at 11am. He fought it for an hour, but, thanks to my flaming chili, it was a losing battle! He rushed out of his blind and into the outhouse. He flung the magazines aside, lifted the booby-trapped toilet seat and sat on the skull. just as his cheeks hit the device, it started yelling "HEY!", ''WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" and, "I SEE YOU!" He nearly went through the roof of the crapper-AND almost made a big mess on my halloween device!!! Now, I need to top that gag and need ideas. Any help would be appreciated! Oh, and he thinks our cabin is haunted!!! That should help!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Yeh I got one. Hit a few garage sales look for old battery or wind up alarm clocks. Spray paint them black,green,brown. Go to your buddys stand and set alarm clocks around him to go off every 15 minutes starting at break of dawn.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: He might be mad at first but he'll get over it. Just expect a return prank and take it like a man.

Ben

P.S. Forgot to mention dont do it on opening morning. Do it on day 2 or day 3 after he gets a shot off on a deer.

·
Registered
659 Posts
No the alarm clock thing should only be used once your buddy has a pope and young deer hanging back at camp, therwise the **** kicking rule is in full effect.:evil:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd have to dislodge my buttstock from my someone's face if they ever tried that. Deer or no deer. I'm all for pranks, but ruining a hunt is never funny.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I'd have to dislodge my buttstock from my someone's face if they ever tried that. Deer or no deer. I'm all for pranks, but ruining a hunt is never funny.
For gosh sakes... There are more then just 1 morning of hunting. I didnt say do this on opener. I said after he got a deer or a few days after.

At our deer camp we have fun. It's not about who gets the most deer or who shoots the biggest deer. We as men laughed our **** off when one of the guys explained how his prank morning went.

If you dont think the alarm prank is funny then thats your opinion. You might want loosen your shoe strings.... they might be a little tight.:sad:

The guy that had the alarm clock prank.... that same afternoon shot a 11 point 130class buck on his way to his blind. So whatever.....

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Our pranks stay at camp. To much work and preperation goes into my hunting season for something like that to ruin a good day.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our outhouse happens to be at 'camp', where 'camp pranks' are common. I surely didn't intend this to be a discussion of how to remove a rifle butt from someone's head.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Me and my Dad posted a bunch of Playboy centerfolds about 10' high on trees 10-50' from my cousins blind. Opening morning first light he is trying to figure out what and the heck is on the trees! He spent rest of the morn looking through his scope:D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Me and my Dad posted a bunch of Playboy centerfolds about 10' high on trees 10-50' from my cousins blind. Opening morning first light he is trying to figure out what and the heck is on the trees! He spent rest of the morn looking through his scope:D
Becareful you'll get a gun stock smack to your forehead! The paper in the wind will make noise and Rambo will KILL YOU!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The no harm pranks at camp are very much encouraged at our camp! Especially on the young guns. Its even funnier when they come back on the old guys. Haha

However I understand what these other guys are saying about ruining hunts, but ya gotta have fun when your not in the woods too!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Balls-Whatever you do at camp is your own deal...it it were me at my camp, someone would be beatin. I have nothing against anything you do, infact I think it is funny, just as long as it doesnt happen to me.....chillout

·
Registered
54 Posts
At our camp we hunt out of wooden blinds and a few days in after my buddy had missed twice we rotated his blind 180 degrees so when he went in in the dark he couldn't figure out why his door wouldn't open.

There is also a old shoulder mount that randomly ends up hanging on a tree in the thick brush, it is yet to be shot but many have scoped it for a while. Always good laughs at that one.:lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I LIKE the deer mount! But be careful carrying it out to his spot! How about a 'springing up' deer mount?!! The centerfolds are great too. I'd pay the DNR big money to set up the robot deer by his stand and watch him keep shooting and missing!

He thinks the family cabin is haunted!

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
The alarm clock idea is HILARIOUS,, especially if you pull it on someone in a treestand,, climber preferably..:lol: Aahhhh, I can't stop laughing,, I can just picture some sore sap that just gets set back up after turning off first clock and another one goes off...:lol: Just because someone gets mad doesn't mean it's not funny..LOL

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Balls-Whatever you do at camp is your own deal...it it were me at my camp, someone would be beatin. I have nothing against anything you do, infact I think it is funny, just as long as it doesnt happen to me.....chillout
Me chill out? Your the one willing to kick the crap out of someone.
Dont call me if you hear alarm clocks this Oct 1st. :lol:
Diinnnggggg Diiinnnggggg Dinnnnggggg....
BZZZZZ. BZZZZZ..BZZZZZZ
Wake up it's howdy doodo time! Wake up it's howdy doodo time!

What's the difference if Joe Smo makes his killer chilli and hunter Jim has to leave early (7am) to hit the crapper next morning. Is this a Cabin prank or a field prank???

Life to short to swet the small stuff. :rolleyes:

Ben

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here's one for ya .... get choclate covered rasinets , carry them with you when you and your buddy are going to a stand or just scouting around .
When you come across deer dropings , act like your picking one up but make sure you have one of those rasinets ready.
eat the rasinet and say ( that tast like it came from a doe ) and then repeat this process but switch from doe to buck.
When you see him or her pick one up and try it for them self and watch them spit it out.
After you return to camp take the rasinets out of your pocket , throw them to your buddy and ask ( is it from a buck or a doe ) . :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts