Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4/26/00

Put in @ Lexington harbor and ran up to Port Sanilac. Ran four rods (and three sliders) in 20-35 feet of water (cannonballs were 10-15 feet down). Marked a LOT of fish, but none were hitting. Picked up a large Laker (10-12#) on a Kevorkian spoon, but that was it. At least we were batting 1.000 @ 1 for 1:^). Water temp varied between 41 and 46 (picked up the Laker in the warmer, or should I say, less cold water). Water was pretty clear despite a pretty good blow out of the north for the last few days.

There were a number of other boats out, but none seemed to be doing much. Heard one guy on the radio that picked up two kings on a Fast Track (one was 15#, not bad). We were only running spoons though (apparently the rumors around here are that they are hitting them already)....

Aside from that, we froze our butts off, and that's about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello WalleyeTy: We were out of Harbor Beach Saturday, got out early, wind out of the NE 15 18 mph, went 4 for 8, found 42 degree water right up close to the wall in 18- 20 feet, 2 lakers, 1 small steelhead, released and one 4 pound King, got blowed off around 11 am, only one we lost seemed pretty good, ran off some lind but by then we had 4-5 footers. We ran 2 body baits all morning and didn't get a touch, every hit we had was on Glow Mickell Jackson. I will be looking for your reports from Lexington, may pull the boat down if it picks up down there. Thanks for the report. Fishhook

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, it's tough out there. Went out again last night. Same thing as day before.

Marked a ton, ran the same stuff.... One SMALL King, and that's it. Released it and commenced the freezin'......

Probably going out Sunday am, stay tuned. I'm not giving up. We're usually killin' them by now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts