Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am going to be staying in St. Ignace next week with my family and I would like to take my son fishing. He is only 3 (already managed to catch a large mouth) so I am looking for somewhere that has simple shore access, a few blue gills, and maybe a bass or cat. If anyone here could offer up any suggestions for a "family friendly" lake to visit in that area that would be great.

Also, if anyone knows of any lake Michigan or Huron shore access in the area that would be great as well. I know there is a lot of shoreline, i just don't know where I can fish and where i should fish. Any fishing information about the area would help me out a lot.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
9,611 Posts
I know that there has to be spots around there for you but I'm not sure exactly where in that area. I would find the local bait shop and I'm sure that they will send you in the right direction.

My parents live 30 miles south of the bridge and I have taken my kids to the Cheboygan River in Cheboygan quite a few times. There is a baseball field that you can park at and fish off the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Premium Member
9,611 Posts
What UM Fan said.
Across the river from the boat house restaurant. Seen kids fishing there in the evening catch walleye.
Last time I was there, last year, I caught a keeper walleye.

We caught a lot of sheep head last year but you can pretty much catch anything there.

·
Premium Member
9,611 Posts
What UM Fan said.
Across the river from the boat house restaurant. Seen kids fishing there in the evening catch walleye.

We caught a lot of sheep head last year but you can pretty much catch anything there.

·
Premium Member
9,611 Posts
What UM Fan said.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Little Brevort lake camp ground off of US-2 catch all the blue gills you want right at the boat ramp. Castle Rock pond for some brookies is another option and Big Brevort lake at the boat ramp is good for pan fish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts