Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It isn't happening this year, maybe not next, but a buddy and I are trying to figure out ideas on a OTC tag deer hunt. I'd like to head west towards North Dakota (season starts Sept 1) and try a public land whitetail hunt. Always been fascinated by those big bodied deer and the landscapes.

Anyone care to throw out thoughts or other ideas on different states or areas? Anyone with experience like to add their .02? Like I said, it isn't this year, so plenty of time to find a plan that may work.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
It isn't happening this year, maybe not next, but a buddy and I are trying to figure out ideas on a OTC tag deer hunt. I'd like to head west towards North Dakota (season starts Sept 1) and try a public land whitetail hunt. Always been fascinated by those big bodied deer and the landscapes.

Anyone care to throw out thoughts or other ideas on different states or areas? Anyone with experience like to add their .02? Like I said, it isn't this year, so plenty of time to find a plan that may work.
My son and I are in the process of planning a DIY hunt in either Nebraska or Colorado. Only we want to do a firearm hunt. Each state offers OTC tags. We are planning on 2022.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Not sure if Montana is OTC or not but I really want to plan a whitetail hunt there. The scenery alone would make for a great trip!
Deer tags are a draw but most times there are leftovers. We are going next year but focusing on mule deer.
The deer tags are pretty expensive at 600$ they do a combo with elk for 1k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts