Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BIL got us started with a bang!! (Not killed on our farm just down RD)

My uncle in-law got in on action shortly after. (Not Killed on our farm)

Nephew jumped in with the cross bow

78 year old Grandpa does what he does best kills deer.

Niece and Mom took advantage on the opener

My son and I didn't get as much time in the stand as we hoped or normally do but my great uncle, son and I jumped in on some doe action on black Friday

Another blessed season around the Smithville. A safe and happy hunting season came to a close and now our focus will be knocking down some yotes with the hounds.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My FIL also killed two bucks but I don't have any pictures of those for some reason.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Good stuff Smitty, kudos to another successful season with family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Congrats on another great year Smitty, successful in many ways as usual.

Extra props to Grandpa for showing us "youngsters" whats up. I can only hope to be as able when I am in his boots.

·
Registered
9,321 Posts
I thought there was no deer in Michigan! I must of been reading the PA forums!!..Congrats to your deer whacking family! Awesome

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought there was no deer in Michigan! I must of been reading the PA forums!!..Congrats to your deer whacking family! Awesome
I don't want to let this post get to off topic but I think there are deer in high numbers in pockets of the state. I think we happen to be in one of those pockets. During the late doe hunt we were in one food plot and had 48 deer at one time in it. However you talk to our neighbors on all sides and some have been 10+ sits without seeing a deer. It's my belief that this is the time we can finally wittle away at our doe numbers. In days past we'd shoot a deer and another would come. We were almost always at carrying capacity of our land. I think one thing with the QDM fad is the people that are doing it our "sucking" a lot of deer away from others at this time. In short deer are going to go where there is the most cover, food and water and least amount of pressure.

·
Registered
9,321 Posts
I don't want to let this post get to off topic but I think there are deer in high numbers in pockets of the state. I think we happen to be in one of those pockets. During the late doe hunt we were in one food plot and had 48 deer at one time in it. However you talk to our neighbors on all sides and some have been 10+ sits without seeing a deer. It's my belief that this is the time we can finally wittle away at our doe numbers. In days past we'd shoot a deer and another would come. We were almost always at carrying capacity of our land. I think one thing with the QDM fad is the people that are doing it our "sucking" a lot of deer away from others at this time. In short deer are going to go where there is the most cover, food and water and least amount of pressure.
Well said...I agree

1 - 20 of 23 Posts