Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 6 year old GSP and have been considering another dog for about six months. Monday I found a 2 year old female GSP/GWP that is in rescue near Holland. I drove down today to see her and she stole my heart. Her apperance is more GWP. It sounds like her previous owner didn't give her much time and she lost some of her socialization skills. She is shy but comes around in a few minutes and is treat savy. She was raised as a city house dog but she'll be in her enviroment now.
Our current GSP came from rescue and had a similar personality initially but he came around to being a fun guy and we're hoping he will help her get acclimated.
I'll get a picture up soon.
ed

·
Registered
615 Posts
Congrats on the new dog. And thats a very good thing rescueing these dogs. I was just reading the post about The English Pointer in Howeel and I was think how great it would be to hear how these dogs workrd out that were being rescued. Keep us posted & Thank You for sharing!!!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Good job, everyone should own a fuzzy dog. I'll bet she comes around quickly, wirehairs don't do that well in a rescue environment. best of luck with her.:coolgleam

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Beautiful looking wire. I had one from Lansing. Breeder was Mary Darling. Looked alot like yours, mine had a little flatter coat. Great hunter! mine was certainly a one man dog. She was very protective of me and our yard. Once she was in the woods though she was all business. Good luck with her! Nice to see her being saved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts