Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is our latest rescue foster Baily. He is just over a year old and a great dog to have around. He could use some leash training but for the most part he minds quite well and is great around our kids and resident ESS. These are the dogs that I enjoy saving the most... young, good natured, energetic.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Here is our latest rescue foster Baily. He is just over a year old and a great dog to have around. He could use some leash training but for the most part he minds quite well and is great around our kids and resident ESS. These are the dogs that I enjoy saving the most... young, good natured, energetic.

Nice looking pup. Does he show any signs of being trained?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, as a mater of fact. He seems to respond to hup and whoa... or at least recognize the commands. I will take them to the grouse woods this weekend to see what natural ability there is. I do see some potential though, he just needs someone to work with him on his basic commands.

You should bring Brandy down to the grouse woods sometime. Pullo is always ready to go.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yes, as a mater of fact. He seems to respond to hup and whoa... or at least recognize the commands. I will take them to the grouse woods this weekend to see what natural ability there is. I do see some potential though, he just needs someone to work with him on his basic commands.

You should bring Brandy down to the grouse woods sometime. Pullo is always ready to go.
Will you be out yet this month? I will be in Iowa the weekend of the 10th. After that I am going to be back to doing the Grouse thing.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure will, I have some great wild pheasant ground to work and a decent amount of grouse woods. When you know what works for you, let me know. We could also look for some state land in between so as to split the driving.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I hope to be his forever home . Thanks Direwolf & family
Congrats! That's wonderful. He's a beautiful pup. It's hard for me to imagine a dog like that ending up in rescue. It's a good thing there are people out there like Direwolf that are willing to help dogs like him out.

Thanks Direwolf!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the kind words and I am glad that we found a great match for Bailey.

There have been enough now that I have to work to remember the current rescues name... I keep calling Bailey Oliver for some reason... Oliver was a dog we had about a year ago as a foster.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
very cool, i just got a rescue cocker last night. sweet little boy. going to start retrieving training this weekend with him in addition to a nice run in some nearby fields.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am not sure who was happier... Todd, Cab-n-woods or Bailey. Baily hopped in their SUV like he had been doing it for years.

Thanks for adopting him... he was worth saving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts