·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Reactions: DanSS26

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of small ones on it, I only picked the big ones. I'll be back in a day or two. How fast do they grow?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Not to sure on oysters. We finally got a bunch of rain, so should be some coming soon I would think. Woods behind the house is producing alot of brick caps /Hypholoma lateritium, but that's it besides a few Armillaria.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to sure on oysters. We finally got a bunch of rain, so should be some coming soon I would think. Woods behind the house is producing alot of brick caps /Hypholoma lateritium, but that's it besides a few Armillaria.
Jeff, do you eat Hypholoma lateritium? I find conflicting information on these.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Jeff, do you eat Hypholoma lateritium? I find conflicting information on these.
Nope not yet. They're on my down Oaks in the woods that we had logged off. One of these days though. I know the people that do eat them love them.

Reactions: DanSS26

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In early summer Oysters get loaded with bugs fast, I would be interested on knowing
how this flush goes for you. Those look great!
Went back on Friday and picked a bunch more. No bugs. :D

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found some more on another downed cherry today. Got a surprise when I cut one off. These two were right next to each other. The one on the left is a polypore of some type. Any one recognize it?

20201003_165035.jpg

Bottom
20201003_165025.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Will be up next weekend and we have a bit of Cherry on the property going to have to
do some looking. Did pick up a 12.5 hen that was supper fresh in Oakland county on
Friday night.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts