Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an info about Oscoda. We are going up this weekend and would like to get out on Sat. and Sun. (13-14) before Monday's small game opener. I'm hoping for anything as far a rigger depths, lures, or dipsy info, fairly new at this game, but I like to try everything. Try to use common names for lures, the trolling vernacular confuses me, I'm just a dumb bird hunter. Any help is appreciated. We can go to Tawas if this is hotter.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I saw 2 Kings caught out of Harrisville this past weekend trolling in the harbor. The guys were using J plugs but I cant help you with color. Glows in the early AM is usually a safe bet. The should be Kings down that way as well, if that rain comes as predicted, should be really good. Hope this helps a little.

·
Premium Member
30,129 Posts
I saw 2 Kings caught out of Harrisville this past weekend trolling in the harbor. The guys were using J plugs but I cant help you with color. Glows in the early AM is usually a safe bet. The should be Kings down that way as well, if that rain comes as predicted, should be really good. Hope this helps a little.
There's enough water to troll the harbor now. Used to come up there alot, but since water has been down,been awhile. Might have to give it a try.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My son and I fished Sat and Sun am last weekend and only managed 1 King. It came on a long line/planer about 75 back on a small wonderbread J-Plug. No other salmon hits and I didn't see another net go in the water. Heard of a couple out deep getting a stray. Going to be back up there this weekend as well giving it a go if the rain holds off. We also caught a nice walleye on a Silver Screwball about 6 ft down on the rigger. Figure that it should get better, (can't get much worse) as the weather gets cooler and they head toward the river.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
There are a few fish showing up at the mouth. Troll north /south pattern with j plugs or spoons, you won't be alone. Best bet early morning (well before sun up) or evenings (5pm til dark). Mid morning it is a crap shoot, the fish could be anywhere or nowhere ! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
There was a dozen boats out there this morning trolling near the mouth from 1/2 hour before daylight to 9:00 am when we left and we didn't see one fish hooked by any of them.;)( maybe a late bite today):rolleyes: It looks like the water is going to be muddy for a couple days, they had the dredging boats there, they told us they were going to dredge the mouth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Maybe it will be better in H-ville if they are dredging this weekend. I've never fished there before. Do people troll right in the harbor by the boat launch/marina or out in front?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
out in front of harrisville harbor s he harbor patrol (salmon) in the harbor you have anchored boats and casters, thats if anyone fish's there anymore. on laborday weekend i saw more boats on sat-sun than there have been there the entire year fishing.

·
Registered
870 Posts
did anyone get a surface temp? I was up Labor Day and the surface temp was 68F all the way to 150 feet, @ 110 / 92 down there was 62F that's as warm as I have seen it in a long time.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You were not suppose to read that A.S :lol: and get that silly grin off your face :eek:ne_eye:.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anybody know if they're still dredging the mouth or catching any salmon. Heading back up this afternoon and just looking for an update.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We fished a few hours in front of the mouth Saturday am and if anybody caught a salmon, I didn't see it. I didn't hear one word on the radio or see one net go in the water. We didn't go Sat PM due to storms in the area and Sunday morning it was too rough for my liking. Time to deer hunt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts