Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know I'm not the smartest person but I baught some opti boards and another flag attachment with spring and other parts. When I openned the package there was instructions for mounting the line clips but no instructions for mounting the spring and flag???I wanted to use these tomorrow afternoon if I could. Mybe some body can show me a picture of one and then I can figure it out??? THANKS

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Depends on speed, but yes. Then you can drag an 18" around for awhile! :D lol jk usually you can tell pretty easily even if there's a bandit on.:cool:

That board I use in a front holder in close as a down rod with a 3 or 4 oz. I'll run it out a few yards so it's outside a little from the boat and well ahead of my inside boards on the main tree with 2 oz.

Occasionally a feisty fish will try to make a tangle, but not often. Still learning the spoon program, but that seems to work well for me.

·
Premium Member
29,944 Posts
Tom, throw those spring away and use rubberbands. You can do a search on hear. Lots better, and can adjust in a second or 2 for heavier weights or harder pulling lures:)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ralph ! My son and I went out of Gambles Sunday evening ,alittle north 3.15 miles 13 to 17 fow had pretty good action ,ended up with 7 all good fish (16 to 24") .All fish cam on silver bb . we farmed out about 4 at the boat and caught 5 jumbo sheep. We had a great time,

·
Registered
46 Posts
ralph, have tried everything in search mode to get info on changing out springs to rubber bands. if anyone can get the info on here it would be helpful. how to adjust and sizes...etc. thanks

·
Registered
634 Posts
Depends on speed, but yes. Then you can drag an 18" around for awhile! :D lol jk usually you can tell pretty easily even if there's a bandit on.:cool:

That board I use in a front holder in close as a down rod with a 3 or 4 oz. I'll run it out a few yards so it's outside a little from the boat and well ahead of my inside boards on the main tree with 2 oz.

Occasionally a feisty fish will try to make a tangle, but not often. Still learning the spoon program, but that seems to work well for me.
Well I changed my springs on a few of my boards to the way you have it and going to try it Friday and see how it works. I am as well trying to learn the spoon program, I've learned the 2 times of running them you definitely want to have your boards spaced apart

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Well I changed my springs on a few of my boards to the way you have it and going to try it Friday and see how it works. I am as well trying to learn the spoon program, I've learned the 2 times of running them you definitely want to have your boards spaced apart

Great! Looking forward to reports!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts