Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scenario: 2016 the world has changed to an unstable place in many towns. Your confident in your conceilability that no one no way would know. In general, you feel that the area your in is questionable that your not affraid to roll the dice where ever you go except a federal building. You walk up to a Applebee's resturant and see the no weapon sign. As your dinning a situation occurs where your life or your family members life is being threatened point blank. Your lucky enough to remove the threat with no one else hurt but the perp.
Reasoning for not obeying the law: you feel that going to court is better than the morgue.

What happens is a scenario like this? You obviously have the right to protect yourself anywhere your at with deadly force if your life is threatened. But what happens next? Would you protect your life or family members life if your obviously breaking the law?

My scenario of course is when the whole world turns to **** next year (or when ever) and not a true to life scene.

What happens and is it worth it?

·
proud to be a.......
8,945 Posts
Scenario: 2016 the world has changed to an unstable place in many towns.
My scenario of course is when the whole world turns to **** next year (or when ever) and not a true to life scene.
What difference would, or even if there is, "the law" make in your scenario?
I would think that most people here would already know what to do and be prepared.
I have plenty of toilet paper, ammo, booze, etc. (makes for a good barter system).

Ronald-Reagan-Quotes-Children-2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Applebee's is not a PFZ so the worst that could happen is you'd be charged with trespassing. And then only if the owner/staff what to press charges.
The scenario of course is already here and like you said what difference does it make are you quoting Hillary?

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would anyone be worried about a sign on a door? If you pull your weapon it's to save your life? The worst feeling in the world would be leaving it in the car because Applebee's has a sign on the door. Btw, my local applebees does have a weapons not allowed sign on its doors

·
proud to be a.......
8,945 Posts
Why would anyone be worried about a sign on a door?
You only get busted if you are caught. That's why it is called 'concealed.'

2nd-amendmentpic1.jpg

I would rather see this......

FirearmsWelcome3x4-227x300.jpg

Than this......

No-Weapons-Notice-web.jpg

I have a few of these cards, if you would like one?....

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Not even a question, my life and family out weigh EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Applebee's is not a PFZ so the worst that could happen is you'd be charged with trespassing. And then only if the owner/staff what to press charges.
I am not positive that is correct. Your right to use deadly force to stop an imminent threat is specific to a place you have a legal right to be. The obvious purpose of this clause is to keep a home invader from claiming self defense if they shoot you in your own home. If you are legally trespassing at that Applebee's, do you forfeit that legal protection? I'm really not sure, but I don't really care much. It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Scenario: 2016 the world has changed to an unstable place in many towns. Your confident in your conceilability that no one no way would know. In general, you feel that the area your in is questionable that your not affraid to roll the dice where ever you go except a federal building. You walk up to a Applebee's resturant and see the no weapon sign. As your dinning a situation occurs where your life or your family members life is being threatened point blank. Your lucky enough to remove the threat with no one else hurt but the perp.
Reasoning for not obeying the law: you feel that going to court is better than the morgue.

What happens is a scenario like this? You obviously have the right to protect yourself anywhere your at with deadly force if your life is threatened. But what happens next? Would you protect your life or family members life if your obviously breaking the law?

You're being unnecessarily verbose.

In spite of a "no weapons allowed" sign I go into a restaurant with a concealed handgun and I have a CPL. My innocent life is threatened and I draw and kill the perpetrator. What will happen to me?

Accepting the above scenario at face value:

1. Your handgun will be confiscated by the police.
2. A homicide investigation will ensue.
3. It will be ruled justifiable homicide.
4. Your handgun will eventually be returned to you.
5. As another poster wrote you could be charged with trespassing ( a misdemeanor) by the owners of the establishment for carrying your concealed handgun into a posted "no weapons" establishment but this is highly unlikely.

Whether or not you are with your family, whether or not you are confident in the concealability of your weapon, whether it's 2015 or 2016, whether or not the world has "changed" (whatever that means) all has no bearing on any culpability on your part.

Having said that you would be wise not to talk to the police until your counsel is at your side. Anyone who carries should have his or her lawyer's cell phone number on hand. Whether or not it's "worth it" for YOU to commit a justifiable homicide and be willing to go thru all that will ensue can only be answered by YOU . Hope this helps.

Hoppe's no.10

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
........or just go about your business at "gun friendly" establishments. No need to frequent Applebee's if the law (or the establishments rules/beliefs) prohibit you from feeling (being) safe there. That's the easiest route in the long run.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Most places that post "no firearms allowed" signs are trying to prevent the people that feel they must open carry long guns "because they can" from doing so on their premises. If it is properly concealed and not displayed, who will know except you? The people who open carry long guns have done more damage for the image of firearms owners than those who conceal carry ever will.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
What sign ? The hostess/another customer held the door open and I never noticed the sign ? If I did I would not have even entered this business. :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
"2016 the world has changed to an unstable place in many towns." I would not be taking family out to eat at an Appleby's in this town.
Simple.
Poor premise.
Dream on.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
What is it with people thinking there will be a revolution next year or in the next couple of years? Talk about being bat scat crazy!

You really think everyone in this country, or at least enough people, are ready to turn this place into Syria? Or the former Yugoslavia? Millions of homes destroyed? Millions of people displaced? Do you or anyone who spouts this garbage even have an inkling of what life would be like under revolution? you wouldn't be going home to a bed with AC or heat on in the home and you wouldn't be grocery shopping in a store either. You think people are ready to live like that over something like gay marriage getting passed or Hilary getting elected? I like the simple comment above...Dream On.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
You think people are ready to live like that over something like gay marriage getting passed or Hilary getting elected?
Gay marriage no...Hillary getting elected...hmmmm...??:)

Hoppe's no.10

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I would do my best to neutralize the threat with a fork. If I was successful they would be outlawed and obesity would be cured

·
Banned
2,249 Posts
Kinda makes one wonder, was he trying to hit each arm and the leg? If he was, a heck of a shot(s) but, if not, he needs to spend more time at the range! I just can't get excited enough to picture an "evil doer" around every corner or the rampant paranoia that seem to afflict so many otherwise "normal" folks. The cliché "judged by 12 or carried by 6" is really getting old! Knowing, personally, any number of folks who strap on a sidearm as easily as putting on their shoes makes me cringe. Chances are, more than likely, these fine people would have the weapon taken away from them before they actually shot someone. Now that's a scary thought. Perhaps if we had more oxygen bars so folks could breathe deeply and clear their heads, we'd all be a little better off.

·
Banned
11,515 Posts
Again the bank tapes will prove if "The Shootist" was in danger. I think this will be a good show. And I'm not sticking up for the bank robber, The guy was a scum bag from what I read today.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts