Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Openning Weekend Results

1668 Views 18 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  remmi
Please post your openning (bass season) weekend results.

If you can, include the lake / area you fished and the water temperature / spawning stage the bass were in.

Be interesting to see how things went with the bad weather and all.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
haven't been out today had to work!:sad: but hope to get out tuesday(rain).
The weekend is NOT over!! I've been out once. Got a couple decent ones... got piked off a couple times... etc... no beds.
I'll check back into this thread tomorrow afternoon, ezyeric. I hit the river from shore a couple times and it is not "on" real good right now for me but may go back here in a little while. Tomorrow I will be doing some bass fishing.
Hate to tell you C & R guys but my 87 year old WWII vet neighbor actually likes bass and wants some filets, I feel obligated to help him out. So I'll be after them tomorrow ;) get back to ya.
Good luck y'all!
We went to a friends private pond that they only keep a handful of bass out a season to build them up in there. We took home these two and tossed back about 5 more. Also took 2 pike from there and a few bluegills.

^ that one is mine. I really did try to hold it but it didn't happen. Hey I baited my hook for it.

^
Hubby caught this one
Today was poor in the morning, just got one fish each and not a lot of action by anyone else.
kicked some large mouth ass sun. morning, got up about 6:30am and no rain.hit a local lake and headed to spawning beds.And with the bread-n-butter yamamoto senko landed 10 or so most on the small sizebut a couple good ones.Went canoeing with the wife today down the huron river out of milford,small bass and at the end of the trip BAM a 4lb. small mouth all n all a pretty good weekend.:coolgleam
Fished Muscamoot Bay for the day. Went looking for some gills but only caught a couple bass. They were tight up into the reeds. Caught them on a green/yellow Super Roostertail with green blade. Brother was using black spinner/silver blade and they didn't seem to want it. Two big guys got off as soon as they were hooked. I only landed some small bass and a hammerhandle.
Went out for 2 hours this afternoon to local lake. caught 12 bucket mouths, biggest was only 2 lbs. all up shallow. lost a few to boot. pretty good action. now its off to Houghton Lake for 3 straight days for non - stop bass fishing :D
Saterday bass!!
17.5 in
19.5 in 4.5 pounds!
caught several 15s and smaller but onley kept these two!!

Ok Ok I know it wuz cancelled, since I studied it... out I went.

Showed up at 7am...waited till 9am. Some light rain but at least no lightning :yikes:

Fished five hours. Learned my studies arent for beans, :sad:

Brought the hound, what a wet floppy eared trooper he was...:bowdown:

I will fish Big Lake again.

concerning the schedule....NEXT :D

Went out yesterday morning with a few family members for some shore fishing at Stony Creek metro park. I caught 4 bucketmouths and two pike. Bass were caught on tubes, curly tail grubs and chart/watermelon spinner baits. Pike were both caught on spinner baits. The people I was with unfortunatly didn't catch anything. But we still had fun. I did see some other people catch some pike on the pier. It was a beautiful morning. We were there for about 4 hours. All fish were released.
I was at my cabin in the U.P. this weekend in Curtis, MI. The bass were prespawn/spawn with water temps averaging in the low 60s. We caught around 85 largemouth from 12"-16" but most were 12-14". We got skunked on smallmouth, I think the colder weather pushed 'em out deeper, so we just stuck with the largies:coolgleam
i caught around 30 on friday. photos in my gallery.
Fished Waterfouls honey hole friday afternoon till dark and managed to land maybe 40 or so smallies, 5 pike, and 1 bonus walleye between 2 people.
Fished in Lake Huron for smallmouth over the weekend (Sat-Mon) and caught 123. Fish are in Pre-Spawn/Spawning stage right now with water temperatures around 60 degrees.:fish: :fish:
Were you out in the morning? My girlfriend and I went Kayaking in the morning (9:30 - 12) and saw a few people fishing. The water was really stagnant looking. I did see a few decent sized gills, but didn't check any of the coves fo bass. We kayaked to the Milford parade. It was a really nice day out there for sure.
jim sasser said:
kicked some large mouth ass sun. morning, got up about 6:30am and no rain.hit a local lake and headed to spawning beds.And with the bread-n-butter yamamoto senko landed 10 or so most on the small sizebut a couple good ones.Went canoeing with the wife today down the huron river out of milford,small bass and at the end of the trip BAM a 4lb. small mouth all n all a pretty good weekend.:coolgleam
My 12 year old son caught his first bass Sunday. He had been begiing to "put a lure on" and fish for bass. Funny thin is, he caught this one on a waxworm while fishing for 'gills. Times like this are priceless.

ok ok... sunday day me and my buddie were fishing in a mariena and got one, then we went to wolf lake,i got one 15" and a spinner... nothing else, monday went out to mona lake and got on it early, one on and i lost him at the boat, spawning... little bit later i got anothier one that was 17.5" and chubby, hadnt got out the eggs yet, couple more hits and three more lost fish... then my buddie got sick and we left but they were ON IT :D
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.